REAL UP Power!!!

Voice

Mar 2, 2001
central Iowa
Visit site
Here is one frame of the video I made last week, as UP 3985 was running through central Iowa. This was taken west of Ogden, Iowa, at about 60 mph.

Yes, I WAS there when it went over the Kate Shelley High Bridge!!!!

Dick

WestofOgden.jpg

CarlFidy

Jun 17, 2002
Owasso, OK
Visit site
Voice,

Hope you enjoyed seeing live history as mush as I did when the 3985 came thru Oklahoma last year on it's trip to Houston.

Being the youngster that I am(31) that was the first time I can remember seeing a steam locomotive in action. Vaguely remember the Freedom Train when it came through Tulsa, since I would have only been about 4 or 5 and wasn't nearly as interested in trains then as I am now.

Looks like you were chasing it. Just curious where you started and ended your chase.

Voice

Mar 2, 2001
central Iowa
Visit site
CarlFidy,
I chased the train for about 70 miles....I came from the east, and stopped in Carroll to get my first look at it, then chased it, and paced it for a while, before getting to High Bridge, just west of Boone. This was along US Hwy 30, the old Lindoln Highway.

I tried chasing it again this past weekend, but had some other appts to keep, and I wound up too far behind....so I didn't have another chance to get pictures....

Ah, well....another time, maybe!!!

Dick