Real or Not? Take a look.

Rusted

Mmmm, no picture showed up. I'll try again. If it doesn't attach this time I'll have to assume it go beyond my fire wall.

If so, sorry for teasing.

(I could email to someone else who has had luck posting before.)

Attachments

• guage.jpg
    guage.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 200
YES! My first guess is that it is a doctored photo, but maybe it is doctored in such a way as to make the viewer think that you doctored yourself into the cab, when maybe you were really there; but didn't want to be too obvious. That should be as clear as mud, or used diesel fuel or whatever.

DanRaitz

Rusted,

Nice shot, but I have to say NOT!!:D :D :D

I see that your living in God's country, the wife and I will be moving back to Grand Rapids MN in two weeks. Want me to bring some of this southern California warmth back with me?

Dan

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Unless this was part of the "philadelphia experiment", it's a doctored photo. Your right forearm is sticking through the side of the cab, and without actually taking measurements, your image is maybe just a touch too small.
Pete

Rusted

I won't give up my day job. Also, UP would know better than to let me in the cab - they'd have a hard time getting me out.

Dan Raitz, welcome back to MN, why did you go to CA, why are you coming back?

MCL_RDG

It's a fake!

Yes, it is not real.

I took the image into an editor and down to the pixel. It is a convincing job but,...

Well- the hand thru the side of the cab- could be the droop of the sleeve over the arm rest. There is a linear "smudge" of yellow that didn't match the lay of the colors when I zoomed to pixel size and there's a "step" in the pixels as far as color/tone/shape. The obvious flaw is the hair not having a straight edge where the awning cuts across. That too has a step in shape.

Close! Good enough to hang on the wall! :)

Mark

Attachments

• fakedcu.jpg
    fakedcu.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 124

Rusted

Thanks. I did spend some time on it hoping it would be convincing.

The picture I posted came out as a closer view than I hoped.

MCL_RDG

It was that little smidge of...

It was that little smidge of hair/awning that caught my eye- would have even if it was a bit more distant- a little further and the noise woulda made me say- "Can't be sure".

It's still a great edit! Boffo in fact! Angle, light, position- Ya made me look! And I mean really look.

Thanks for the sport.

Mark

The sun shade is in the closed position, meaning it is down flat against the window. You couldn't lean out the window like you have yourself with it in that position. Had the shade been out, you were close. Find another unit with both windows open and the sun shade out and repeat your magic. Over all, I would give it a B+ and to the general public, they wouldn't catch it.

Greg Elems