Real Life Thomas

F

Fred_M

Yahoo! is sure tight with their free website service ain't they? This is what I got :( Fred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!
The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.
Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.
http://www.geocities.com/martinclutt/awdry/

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Great Website Michael :thumb:

Yahoo! is sure tight with their free website service ain't they? This is what I got Fred

Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable! The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.
Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.
http://www.geocities.com/martinclutt/awdry/

Yes they are fred. I am trying to get away from yahoo and go with another website server. If a website is looked at by alot of people in a certain amount of time they time it out for an hour. It sucks reallly bad cause with my Independent Live Steamers website is through yahoo. I have people from all around the world looking at it and i know they don't like it when that message pops up. I have known people that started out with yahoo and then moved away from it because of that problem.

seanm

Oct 11, 2004
Sunny CA
www.pegnsean.net
I have a server with pleanty of room and no fee at all. Sits in my spare bedroom and is pretty stable. I would be happy to offer it to any model railroaders out there.

There are currnetly a few web sites that are hosted... I have PLEANTY of space and bandwidth for everything but streaming media.

You would have to put up with a domain like: www.pegnsean.net/~yourname/

It would also come with email at pegnsean.net. I have webmail access, pop3, FTP, telnet and if you are real adventerious, CGI access on your web site. It web server is apache on Linux and she runs pretty good.

Here are a few sites I host: htp://www.pegnsean.net/~revnjeff/
http://www.pegnsean.net/~occupant/home.htm

and others.

All ya need to do is ask! This is open to anyone and there is no charge...we just have to get along and be friendly. (smile)

Seanm

McFortner

Sep 9, 2002
Stockbridge, GA
Visit site
You like trains and pipes. Pity you live on the left coast. If you were out here, I'd have somebody to hang out with who likes two of my joys. ;)

The web space sounds good. Now I just have to figure out what I would put on it! :confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :D

Michael

Turbomotive

Oct 30, 2004
Bangkok Thailand
www.geocities.com
Hi guys, I'm Martin Clutterbuck and owner of that Thomas the Tank site you link to, and I'm here because your traffic has been significant! Thanks very much.

I'm a middle-aged Englishman who loved Awdry's books as a boy but more or less missed the (in some respects dumbed down) TV shows living here in Thailand, so hence the site.

I joined up because I'm very interested in the offer of Mr Sean M. With Mr Dash 10's comment in mind, I have been sorely irked by the Yahoo attitude to successful sites (surely that's more eyeballs for their ads). I've been looking at other free hosts, but the temptation of working with a real person who might be sympathetic to the site's ferrophiliac content was irresistible. If you are interested in hosting this site which gets about 50 hits/day, Mr M, you might like to check it out from the link above (when Yahoo lets you) and/or please send me a msg or mail martinclutt@yahoo.com or the email supplied on the site martinrc@ksc15.th.com
Thanks,

Martin

seanm

Oct 11, 2004
Sunny CA
www.pegnsean.net
Martin,

I have sent an email to you and would be happy to host your site at no charge with no advertising. Please contact me via return mail and we will get this working!

Anyone else who needs space on a server that is not cluttered up by ads and bassically has no access restrictions, please contact me.

SeanM

McFortner

Sep 9, 2002
Stockbridge, GA
Visit site
Turbomotive said:
Many thanks also to Michael for opening this thread and dash10 for pointing to the site's most serious drawback, so toasts to "The Gauge" all round!!

No, thanks for posting all this info on the web. My son loves Thomas, and so do a few adult friends of his.... ;)

And thanks to Sean for making the space available. Now I don't have to fight Yahoo over "Bandwith Exceeded" messages!

Michael