Read This Now!!!!!!!!

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
anyone that bid on this beware! " K-Line Desert Storm Electric Train LOT Set Engine plus 11 Cars "O Scale "

it ended today 3/19/07 i got an email in my yahoo for a 2nd chance bid. i beleave it to be a scam

YmeBP

Dec 3, 2006
Southern New Jersey
www.skyersfamily.com
There is more than just that unfortunately. There is a hacker waging a personal war against ebay. Apparentlyt his hacker broke into ebay and hacked their systems to such an extent that he or people he's sold this exploit to can enter in up to 3.5 million fale and fraudulent items, bid, or buy it nows a day. I've been selling on ebay for a while now and recently i've fallen victim to quite a few scams people bidding, winning and not paying etc.

Here is a news article about it:

http://www.blogowogo.com/blog_article.php?aid=607410&t=16

http://www.scamfraudalert.com/showthread.php?p=16038

http://firemeg.blogspot.com/2007/02/ebay-admits-to-being-hacked-thus.html

I believe it to be far more serious than ebay is letting on becuase the items i sell aren't worth much and i've been hit 6 times in the past month. I can't image how many other people have been scammed or attempted at being scammed. If it were true the already shaky credibility of ebay's market place would be destroyed and it would send the auction and secondary market economy into a tailspin. Believe it or not 3% of the us population now make their primary living on ebay ... imagine if somone said .. don't use it becuase some hacker now owns it .. ebay can do nothing to stop them :(.

This has gotten soooo bad the other day i was browseing for some r/c car parts and a photo of a bare chested woman popped up in th search as a gallery photo. I should have taken a screen shot, but by the time i could refresh the page ebay had take it down.

Here is a copy of an email i received from ebay's safe harbor people about my complaints of fraud:

Dear Tory,

My name is Rayne and I would like to sincerely apologize for the late response to your concern. We are currently experiencing higher than normal volume.

[Reference To Item Number: 230103457096 (Samsung SPH-i700 Smart Phone car/wall Pocket PC +Xtr NR)]

I would like to personally thank you and commend you for bringing this to our attention. It is members like you that help us keep eBay a safe community.

Please be assured that I have taken appropriate action in this situation and honda_chick07 is now no longer a registered user. Here are a few steps that will help you out with future trasactions.

Recommended Steps:

1. Final Value Fee
2. Relisting
3. Remove Buy It Now Option
4. Bidder Management Tool

1. Final Value Fee
==================
Since honda_chick07 is no longer registered on the eBay site, you may consider the transaction null and void. You can file for a Final Value Fee credit by taking the steps below:

1. Click on the "site map" link located at the top of most eBay pages.

2. On the Site Map, click on the "Report an Unpaid Item Dispute" Link.
This link is in the middle column under the "Dispute Console" heading.
You may be asked to sign in.

3. Click the "Report an Unpaid Item" link.

4. Fill in the item number and click the "Continue>" button.

Since honda_chick07 is no longer a member of eBay, you will automatically receive a Final Value Fee credit once the dispute is initiated.

You will see a confirmation page as to whether or not you have received a credit. Remember that you must start the Unpaid Item Process within 45 days of the listing's end.

2. Relisting
============
In addition to receiving a Final Value Fee credit on the original
listing, qualifying Unpaid Items that are re-listed and close
successfully will receive a standard re-list credit automatically if:

1. The item qualifies under the Unpaid Item Re-list Credit rules. To
review these rules, please visit the following link:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/questions/free-relist.html

2. Also make sure that you filed an Unpaid Item Reminder for the
original listing and requested a full Final Value Fee credit for that
listing. This credit must be posted to your account before you can
receive the Insertion Fee credit.

To learn more about re-listing an item with special pricing, please see
the following page:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/relist.html

3. Remove Buy It Now Option
===========================
As a seller myself Tory, I know how irritating it can be when someone
buys your item only with the intent to get it without paying. I would
like to now suggest some options that you may want to consider to avoid
this situation:

You can remove the "Buy It Now" option and run a normal bidding style
auction. This way, you can cancel any unwelcome bids before they end
your auction. To learn how to cancel unwelcome bids, take a look at the
following page:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html#canceling

4. Bidder Management Tool
=========================
If you see one of these zero feedback individuals bidding on your
auction, you can then cancel their bid, and block them from bidding
again on any of your auctions until we find them and terminate their
account.

The Bidder Management Tool is another new feature that allows you to
have more control over who can bid on your listings, enabling you to run
your business in the way that suits you best. The Bidder Management Tool
enables you to block bidders:

1. From a country not designated in Sell Your Item or other listing
tools to which the seller will ship.

2. With a net negative feedback score.

3. With two Unpaid Item strikes in the last 30 days.

4. Don't have a verified PayPal account.

Sellers can turn on the Bidder Management Tool by modifying the "Buyer
Block Preferences" in the "Seller Preferences" section of My eBay.

**Require Immediate Payment**

Also, since you are having this problem due to the Buy It Now selling
feature, might I suggest you to try adding the "requires immediate
payment" to the buy it now option?

I understand your frustrations with selling your item at this time, and
I think that this option you will find very useful to protect yourself
against possible buyers that intent to disrupt your listing. eBay has a
new selling feature that requires immediate payment to complete the
transaction, so your potential buyer must first pay with a legitimate
Paypal account before the transaction is closed on eBay. Otherwise, if
your buyer is interested but didn't pay, the auction will still be open
and active on eBay until the auction time expires. For more information,
you can visit this link:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/immediatepayment.html

If you need further assistance Tory, please don't hesitate to reply to
this email and let me know.

Sincerely,

Rayne
eBay Customer Support

=====================================================
If responding, please include a copy of this message.
=====================================================

Whether you're new to eBay or an experienced buyer and seller, the eBay
Security & Resolution Center can help you protect yourself on eBay and
online. For more information, please click the "Security Center" link at
the bottom of most eBay pages.

For our latest announcements, please check:

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/announce.shtml

Original Message Follows:
-------------------------

Form Message %43343% 070504
D_ID031520071808D_ID/W_ID103139170W_ID/S_ID000S_ID
Subject: FR=C00270 The problem you're having with fraud isn't listed
[230103457096 #US $US 05040T 05040B A11 L11 !43343! 070504 ?01 -01 ]

User Feedback: 238
User State: ?01

Browser Info: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US;
rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2

Selling and Managing Your Item > Fraud and transaction problems > The
problem you're having with fraud isn't listed

Member or Item being reported: 230103457096 L11 $US US !43343! 070504

Message: Hello, I've listed this item a few times and zero feedback
buyers keep buying it, but not paying. This recent ebayer has a super
suspect name and address what do i do about this situation.
To say the least i'm annoyed.... they are suggesting that i not use some of the best tools to attract buyers becuase they invite fraud ... which .. they obviously can't stop.

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
I ain't...

reading this post- nor am I going to reply to it in case I get scammed.

But I do want to go see that K-Line Desert Storm Electric Train LOT Set Engine plus 11 Cars "O Scale".

Lemme get back and find that link.

Thanks for the pointer fellas.

Mark

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
ok, the seller just wrote me back, they did not send a 2nd chance offer, and the winning bidder had already paid for it.

hooknlad

Mar 28, 2005
Woodbridge, NJ USA
Hi guys - a good way but its not 100 % to see if the sale is legit -email spoof@paypal.com.. They usually get back to you ASAP if it is a fraudulent sale or similar.. PLease notify this emaill addy of your situation. They will sick a team after the spammer.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
hooknlad said:
Hi guys - a good way but its not 100 % to see if the sale is legit -email spoof@paypal.com.. They usually get back to you ASAP if it is a fraudulent sale or similar.. PLease notify this emaill addy of your situation. They will sick a team after the spammer.
That only applies to PayPal scams not eBay.

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
now i get this email from a diff addy,
Dear eBay coustomer,

I see on eBay that you have placed a bid on this item K-Line Desert Storm Electric Train LOT Engine 11 Cars (160094854241) in order to buy it. I have a simillar unit and I want to sell it at a very good price that i am sure you will like. I can offer you pictures and details about the unit. If you are interested e-mail me back in this e-mail address **************** for more details. I use secure ! payment methods and I offer free shipping to some of my coustomerd depending on where are they located.
Thanks for your attention!

Torpedo

Jan 20, 2007
I sold a $1,000+ item on EBay, which the buyer picked up in person. He showed up laughing and told me about a fake second chance offer he had received, supposedly from me. We both thought it was pretty dumb to try and scam the winner that way, since eBay lets everyone know who won.

Later, I became concerned that my other bidders might receive the same thing, and I tried to send them a warning. EBay completely blocked me from communicating with the bidders, and I was unable to warn them. I then tried to let EBay know, so that they might warn them. It was impossible. EBay does not have any way for its 'members' to communicate with them, except through canned replies with preprogrammed subject lines, none of which fit the particular situation. I finally gave up in frustration.

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
Torpedo said:
I sold a $1,000+ item on EBay, which the buyer picked up in person. He showed up laughing and told me about a fake second chance offer he had received, supposedly from me. We both thought it was pretty dumb to try and scam the winner that way, since eBay lets everyone know who won.

Later, I became concerned that my other bidders might receive the same thing, and I tried to send them a warning. EBay completely blocked me from communicating with the bidders, and I was unable to warn them. I then tried to let EBay know, so that they might warn them. It was impossible. EBay does not have any way for its 'members' to communicate with them, except through canned replies with preprogrammed subject lines, none of which fit the particular situation. I finally gave up in frustration.

yes you can, i just did. you pick any subject line then write what ever you want in the box.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
hooknlad said:
a little unknown fact - EBAY = PAYPAY, same company :)'
I'm aware of that but each has their own security measures and departments to handle them. Essentially two different companies owned by the same people.

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
now i get this from them after i wrote back and told them its just a scam....

Our deal will be closed through ebay system. Refund Policy is included on this
transaction... All i need to start the transaction is exactly those informations:
your full name:
shipping address:
to can setup our eBay Transaction.
Best Regards!!!

nope there not geting any info from me.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
ozzy said:
now i get this from them after i wrote back and told them its just a scam....

Our deal will be closed through ebay system. Refund Policy is included on this
transaction... All i need to start the transaction is exactly those informations:
your full name:
shipping address:
to can setup our eBay Transaction.
Best Regards!!!

nope there not geting any info from me.
Genereally speaking, if they can't type coherrent English, it's a scam. ;)

YmeBP

Dec 3, 2006
Southern New Jersey
www.skyersfamily.com
I've run into this as well, ebay does have a scam team, but since the upswing in scams recently they are swamped, took them days to get back to me on the scam purchase of my phone.

Torpedo said:

YmeBP

Dec 3, 2006
Southern New Jersey
www.skyersfamily.com
Paypal is owned by ebay corp, but they have separate security teams. Paypal was sued a couple years back for inaction and allowing theives to run rampant and not helping out so people sued them. Out of it came quite a few reforms one of which is the seperate security and response teams.

Cannonball said:
I'm aware of that but each has their own security measures and departments to handle them. Essentially two different companies owned by the same people.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
You know....I got one of those e-mails also.
I knew it was a scam. I don't ebay, nor do I have a PayPal account(Yeah...I get those too)
Another one I get(because of the above) is that so and so sent money to me for something of mine he won on ebay. And he wants a refund cause he hadn't receved the article yet and threatens me with a bad feedback. Go ahead...I don't sell on ebay, because I don't have an account!