re-size test

marty w.

I have been working with a new program and wanted to test it out. Lets see if it works.
Marty

Attachments

• sd45 3627 large.jpg
    sd45 3627 large.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 134

marty w.

Great! I think I have found a program that I can use, without a learning curve. It's "L view". This pic started out as 149KB's and it is now 49 KB's.
Marty

BDC

Mike, that's an EMD SD-45. You can tell by the two DB fans and three radiator fans and that the radiator intake grills area at an angle to the body. The SD45-2 did not have the canted intakes.

marty w.

Mike,
BDC is correct.
It's a Kato SD-45 with factory paint. I started to detail, but not finished. Still needs cab shades, antenna, and the correct horns.
I painted and decaled the Walthers 40' trailer. EL did not have this type of trailer, but it's close enough for me.
The lead unit is a Atlas U-36-C.
Marty

shamus

Registered Member
Nice photo Marty,
Hope you don't mind, but I lightened & Sharpened it abit.

Shamus

Attachments

• sd45 3627 large.jpg
    sd45 3627 large.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 92

marty w.

Jim
It is L View Pro1.8.
I do not think it will do what Shamus did, but to crop and resize pic's it works great for me.
Marty

Jan-Michael

I highly recommend Adobe Photoshop. I currently have 7.0 installed, and this prog will work for simple resizing and cropping, or applying entirely new looks to your digital photos. It doesn't get much more user friendly as far as detailed picture editing programs go.

Jan-Michael

Here is something with a completely ludicrous background (just grabbed it from some German website), but I was able to put it together in about 3 mintues:

Attachments

• two trains opposite_altered.jpg
    two trains opposite_altered.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 51

Jan-Michael

The flash-burn, lighting and various other elements were added quite easily through the use of filters and effects, most of which require barely any know-how at all. Here's a cut-out of the original as an example (Thanks to Gary Pfeil for the pic):

Attachments

• two trains opposite_cutout.jpg
    two trains opposite_cutout.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 48