Re paints

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by smyfe, Mar 28, 2007.

1. smyfe

smyfe Member

I have just bought Chips A-4 Skyhawk from
    as i would like to have a go at doing my first paint job, whilst looking for a suitable aggressor scheme, i came across this site
    it has colour schemes for loads of aircraft and may be useful to anyone who likes to re-colour their aircraft.:) :)
    Hope i haven't duplicated a post and have put it in the correct place, apologies to all if i messed up.
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Doesnt look familiar to me and even if its a repost it doesnt hurt to revisit the good stuff :)
  3. Triop

Triop Member

I've seen the bad you can't see the wings...if anybody knows of a site that also shows wings please tell me...
  4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

That's a Rob design........... very good representation! I did the Lt. Alvarez re-color.

5. 46rob

46rob Member

The NA-01-1A-509 manual does not show a standard land camoflage pattern for the A4. Most aggressor paint schemes were a 'one off' pattern, applied locally. It does show a tactical (three tone flat gray) scheme, where the wing upper surface was a darker shade, while the underside, a lighter. I can email te appropriate pages along with FS paint numbers if you're interested. Guido's Aggressor (in the same folder) has a good pattern, and if you're into a camo type paint, I'd suggest that you follow his patterns--they're quite close to one original. By the time the low vis (tactical) paint scheme was applied to all naval aircraft--the A-4 was well into retirement as a combat aircraft, and the few remaining were either trainers (high vis) or aggressors--various unusual paint jobs. Very few ended up wearing a tactical scheme (if any).