Re Logging Forum

shamus

Registered Member
Well I asked the powers that be, and was informed there are a couple of new forums to look at and the Logging Forum is postponed for techincal reasons until the new year.

Shamus

Steam Donkey

:confused:

Hi Shamus,

OK, I'll bite.........logging forum? What logging forum? As a fellow crazed logging nut, this sounds almost to good to be true, I just Loooove old time logging!

If there is a forum out there that can help me make a layout that comes even close to looking like yours, I'll be there with bells on! Please spill the beans!!!! I NEED TO KNOW!!!! Arrrrgghhhh!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Phew...I'll be alright....logging just gets me so...who said it?....moist?:D :D

Steam Donkey

Oops

Sorry Shamus, :rolleyes:

Didn't see the "Re" in front of this thread. Serves me right for not paying more attention to what is going on in The Gauge.

Best of luck with the Logging Forum, I look forward to it. From the sounds of it....so do a lot of others!

Thanks!

Stan

shamus

Registered Member
Yeah guys, so will I, by the way, has anyone seen a photo of the new Bachmann H0 climax to be brought out later?.:rolleyes:
Shamus

ANo10

Shamus,

I haven't seen the new Bachmann HO Climax, but it's good to hear that they're expanding their logging locos. I received a catalog from Model Expo, that announced a 2T Shay in ON30 due for release in December this year. Have one preordered. Will give a report when it comes in.

Jim

Steam Donkey

My favorite model railroad store up here in the Great White North (Canada) claims not to know anything about the new Bachmann Climax. (sure hope they make one, their Shay is to die for!) They did point out the newly updated line of Rivarossi (sp?) logging stuff, including a Climax......their poster looks great! You can also find photos of Rivarossi's new stuff at the beginning of the 2003 Walthers catalogue.

BTW...why doesn't Rivarossi fall under alphabetical order just like everybody else in the Walthers catalogue?

csxnscale

Hi,

I also like the logging theme of a railroad.
But I have a question.
Logging in modern times, let's say the eighties, how do they transport the trees to the sawmill ?
Still with the railroad or with trucks ?
As beeing an Europian I realy don't know how it is been done in the US or Canada these days.
Hope I will not have to wait until Newyearsday for an answer.

Paul

Wolv33

Nelson,

Bout time I seen your shay end around here!

How are ya? Where the heck are you posting besides here??

Anyhow, why not come over to the RR-Line threads and say HI.

Several of us want ya to open up the breakroom. We's a hungry bunch in the morn'.

Later sirs.

LOL!

csxnscale

Nice picture Russ.

Guess I need to order flatcars and a few styrene I-beams to glue un the flatcars as cross bars to put the logs on.
In N-scale I think that is the best option.

Thanks again,

Paul

jon-monon

Originally posted by shamus
Well I asked the powers that be, and was informed there are a couple of new forums to look at and the Logging Forum is postponed for techincal reasons until the new year.

Shamus

It's next yeeeeeeaaaaaaar :D :D :D

Are we still on hold? We are all drooling and moist with anticipation!

Steam Donkey

Is there any other?!?!

".....I sleep all night and I work all day. I cut down trees, I wear high heals, suspendies and a bra.....":D :eek: :D :D

I haven't seen too many lumberjacks around here in BC that look like that, but I'm sure they're very nice. :D