re: battery problems

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by driftar, Jan 11, 2005.

1. driftar

driftar Guest

i have a 3000 battery n it worked great for a month then it wouldn't charge goood anymore. it drives ok when im going striaght but when i turn it dies . does anyone know what i can do to get the battery to work or should i get a new one?
  2. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Cycle it. Discharge fully, then charge it about 5 times. it will help restore it. Also, if that doesnt work, make sure nothing is short circuted, or if its vented. If its not shorted, or has vented, and cycleing didnt work, check online stores, (or better yet, your LHS, but they usually dont do this) to see if anyone has any Battery Zappers. The best place to go if your LHS doesnt have it is Surgebatterys.com (or something like that.)
  3. driftar

driftar Guest

i thought i had to discharge it but wasn't sure. iwanted to check before i went out and bought a dischargr thanks for the help do you know where to get deep dish rims
  4. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Deep dish are few and far between. I should be making my own sets soon tho for sale. The best thing to do is cut your ABS/PVC bigger then the rim. Gives the deep dish effect.