re: Ball Stud

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by dmanero, Feb 28, 2005.

1. dmanero

dmanero Guest

Hey all,

This is my first build up just so you know, so If this is a stupid question please forgive me. So I just bought the HKS D1 replica Yokomo drift RC.
    And I just about finished the build up, I was putting on the tie rod on the ball stud. But with the slightest bump, it falls off. Is this normal or is the ball stud supposed to snap into the ball cap. Also I got the new drift tires with the single broad ring. But I can't get them on, it's just too tight. Can any one give me any tips to get the ring on.

Thanks.
  2. 69stang

69stang Guest

i have bean racing 7 years and i learned mostly every thing from trial and eror so for the ball stud ither get a new one that is smaller or cut a little peice of plastick bagy and put it on the ball. but i cant help u with those drift rings sory :cry:
  3. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

What sort of help do you need with the rings, they should slide on I find if you squish the tire down some then get the ring on it makes it easier..

As for the ball stud, it should to my knowledge snap in but be loose to some extent but not fall out...
  4. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

With the ball stud, make sure you use plyers and snap them on. Make sure when they are "on" you should only be able to see the hex part of the ball stud. Everything else should fit in the cup.

With the rings, let them sit in mildly hot (like, 20 - 30 degrees hotter then room) for a while to soften them. That should make them more workable.