RC10-GT Engine Overreving

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by AWScamanche, Jun 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AWScamanche

AWScamanche New Member

I have a RC10 GT and the engine has had this problem for a while, but im just now getting around to fixing it. Whenever I start it up (using a pull start) as soon as it starts the engine revs to the point where it is smoking within 3 seconds. I tried adjusting the idle speeds and the fuel mixture screws. I checked the carb as well. Any ideas as to how to fix this problem or at least what the problem is?
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Sounds as if the high speed needle is set to high OR you need a rebuilt. Also you shouldn't have waiting to long to fix it after its been doing this for awhile, that don't help to the problem
  3. AWScamanche

AWScamanche New Member

what is a rebuilt?
  4. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

A rebuild is a new piston and sleeve for the engine. The 1 you have in it now might be warn out and that is why its being weird. A new 1 cost roughtly about half the cost of a new engine.
  5. AWScamanche

AWScamanche New Member

6. AWScamanche

AWScamanche New Member

7. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

That sleve and piston is for a trx .15 but the stock rc10gt comes with a AE .15, these will not interchance. I can not remember what kind of crank style is on the AE .15 but I know that the block sizes are the same. LM look into it in a few mins ok..

EDIT: From looking at a replacemnet shaft I see that the crankshaft's are differen't meaning it wouldn't fit. the AE .15 has a theaded shaft while the other motor, the .18 has a shaft that uses a E or a C what ever one you wana call it, to keep the clutch bell on and working :)
  8. redheat

redheat Member

Re-set your throttle linkage setting , RED
  9. socks

socks New Member

sounds like the carb might be leeking air. i had that problem fixed right up with some silicon around the carb where the carb meets the crank case.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.