rc trucks and drill batterys

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by mr_chris04, May 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

Hye guys i wanna put a drill battery into my monster truck and i tried just hooking up the 2 wires to the 2 leads but it just keeps running and nothing happens any ideas? id love for this to work cause then i can buld a mad wicked fast off road rock climbing truck!

Chris
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

doesent it weigh alot (the battery) wouldnt it be to much?
  3. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

nope itll be fine i just wanna try it
    any ideas
    as soon as i hook it up it just goes and doesnt stop or the wheels dont trun left and right i have no clue!
  4. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

hmm is the trims right? I mean are they set so the truck wont stop (thrttle trim) maybe it has to much voltage. I have no clue im just shooting ideads
  5. pimp

pimp Active Member

i have an idea do not put it in there it weighs a whole lot
  6. kschauwe

kschauwe New Member

How many volt pack is it?
    Also, do you have the right polarity?
  7. jackal575

jackal575 Member

i would use a seperate battery pack for the servos and reciver, if not already so
  8. pimp

pimp Active Member

this is just a bad idea u will just go slower
  9. kschauwe

kschauwe New Member

Why would it go slower? They is sub-C cells just like RC cars do. Btw, the Dewalt 18v XL packs use Sanyo 2400 cells.
  10. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

yes its 18 v i put the pattery on the back it doesnt wight it down i got realy stiff shocks on it im prety sur ei got the right polarity but just refresh me on what ur taling about.
  11. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

talking* i gotta learn how to talk, the whole reason i wann do this is just out of curosity i dont really care what happens to this truck becuase its some 50$ thing from radio shack i just wanna se if something like this would work i also dont want to burn out the motor or anything but id love for this to work so im open to suggestions
  12. pimp

pimp Active Member

well have u tried it yet and did it work
  13. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

i dont see why it wouldnt work. the only problem is you might fry the esc
  14. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

yes i did try it but it didnt work it was getting power but all i would do i go forwad very fast and would not turn and u couldent turn it off or slow it down. i have no clue why it doesn twork. any help is appreatited guys thanks alot
  15. monsterrcbuilder04

i think you should run a seperate battery for the reciever and servo
  16. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

tbhe truck is only a 50 dollar pos but i figured it was a cool thing to do as for hooking up seperate batterys? doubit if itd work and i cant see why i shouldent but give me a heads up if someone knows,
  17. monsterrcbuilder04

well if you run a seperate battewry and the wheels arent turning then it is either the reciever or servo that isnt working right
  18. kschauwe

kschauwe New Member

Can you use a seperate Battery? Alot of those Radio Shack Trucks have very intergated electronics. The radio maybe designed to run on 7.2 w/o a bec.
  19. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

i think kschauwe is right i opened it up and nothing u cant do a thing
  20. niner

niner Member

too much voltage will cause the servos not to work, cus most esc's cant put up enough resistance to that much voltage so the extra power makes it through all the time (which is why your truck goes all the time). in my tmaxx i had a 9.2 volt pack and it did that so i know from experience.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.