Rc R.T.R. Nitro Rustler.

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Deckyboy, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deckyboy

Deckyboy New Member

Having just bought the Nitro Rustler, im having problems with the buggy running and starting i.e. it starts from cold with a bit of persuation,and runs great for a short time then seems to get sluggish then cuts out and does`nt start again until the engine cools down.It now starts with the electric start and runs for approx 2-3 seconds then cuts out,can someone please help ?? thank you.
  2. gaz_r36

gaz_r36 Member

my bro had proplems like that with his tornado just keep tryin and slight tuning and it will go good cuz my bros did
  3. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

ok it sound as if the high speed needle is set really lean and also aljust the diel air screw so it idles alittle higher. What kind of weather are you haveing is it hor or cold out? IF it is cold out take a hair dryer and then warm the engine with it and then try to start it.
  4. gaz_r36

gaz_r36 Member

i might try that te nxt time we get probs thankx
  5. Deckyboy

Deckyboy New Member

BRILL,Thanks for all your suggestions i will try and tune it by adjusting the high speed needle making the mixture less leaner and more richer and see what happens!!.The weather here in Scotland is pretty cold at the moment and did'nt realise that the cold weather could have an adverse effect on how my Rustler starts and performs.I will keep in touch and let you know how things go.Thanx 4 ur help.
  6. digdug72

digdug72 Member

Did the tunning tips from Dj6666969 help?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.