RC plane from wal-mart?

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by joshua2verizon, May 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshua2verizon

joshua2verizon New Member

2. Steve M

Steve M Member

It looks interesting but I'm not sure how the controls work. The info says you change direction by using the motors, so I assume there are no flight controls. I can't imagine this is much more than a fancy freew flight model of limited range. I'd save my money if it were up to me.
  3. michael d

michael d New Member

save you money for a real plane. i bought that same plane from walmart and it is a free flight model and it broke on the 1st flight it is styrfoam.

i am now saving my money
  4. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Don't buy a plane from wal-mart. Those aircraft are not fully functional and will not help you become a better flyer. If you want to start cheap, then start with a plane from hobbyzone. You'll spend about $100 to $200 bucks and get an a/c that is really worth it for beginners. My recomendation is the areobird or the areobird extreme. Those have 3 channels so you will get just about the best learning you can get. Plus on models with a fourth channel your only adding a rudder so going up to one is easier.
  5. mpracing

mpracing Member

save money for at least a $200 plane. you can get one that is durable, yet fully controlled, like alirons, flaps, rudder, just everything, and it will not handle alot better, and you can actually learn off it. megatech has a nice starter airplane, its a trainer almost, not gas, electric, and it included everything from A-Z for $199.99, not to shabby I say.

-mpracing
  6. keepiru

keepiru New Member

Joshua,
    Those are some famous final words, bud. This isn't a hobby to rush into....if you do you usually get what you pay for. I know I did in my first go-around.....I bought something like this and it had differential steering where one motor speeded up to turn the plane and both speeded up or slowed down to make it go up or down. If it doesn't sound like you have a lot of control it's because you DON'T! Trust me....I know it's frustrating.....but wait....it'll be worth it to get a better setup in the long and short term....short because it will be repairable and have parts support and long because you'll be able to use whatever setup you buy initially either a) to equip your next plane or b) when sold, to help finance your next plane......gee.....does it sound like I've been there? *chuckle*
  7. SULLI

SULLI Member

urmmmmmmmmmmmmm well i have a rc plane ill sell to ypu for £180 all raido gear excapt for the reecever and battery i have the tranni a tt 42 its a fun fly but it will do better than a trainer i lernt on it passed with in 5 months its a relly good plane and it will pass you on your b test aswell e-mail me or talk to me onmsn SULLI136@msn.com i have piccys as well any1 else intersted e-mail me or msn sulli
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.