RC paper tanks

Discussion in 'Extended Mediums' started by paper warrior, Dec 2, 2006.

1. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

This may seem rediculous but has anyone ever tried to make a paper tank rc, with paper tracks, this might be possibe with a halinski model.
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I have seen rc paper tanks but they were basically shells of tanks mounted over little remote control cars. :D
  3. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

I might try it in a while if I can get my hands on anything with individual track links, I already have the circuts.
  4. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Not to derail but here is something of interest. A card model would be a good wood template for this ... the luckiest kid in the world.

6. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Cool, maybe I'll design a 1/5 working Jagdpanther to beat the C*** out of that Sherman.
  7. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

lmao ... don't you mean 1/72?

8. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Nope,a 1/5 scale Jagdpanther with a spudgun to rip holes in little Shermans, based on a paper model of couse.
  9. bullyhys

bullyhys New Member

Paper R/C tank model?

Greetings and Merry Xmas to all.:grin:

I'm new to this site, though I have been lurking from time to time.

To answer your question I've been experimenting with the idea a bit.
    I didn't use the paper tracks idea, but I did enlarge a 1:25 scale sdkfz-184 card kit to 1:16 scale and adapted it to a old R/C tank chassis for R/C combat. I printed the model on 8.5x11 label paper and stuck the "graphics" to 1/8th wood venneer paneling scraps as a template, I liked the appearance so I decided to keep it as is. The other details can be provided upon request. The ferdinand/Elephant is not completed as yet, work is progressing.

Please note that the gun used in the picture has been replaced with a scale mount. No new picture as yet.

Attached Files:

10. pbhawkin

pbhawkin Member

Hi Bullyhys,
    I do BigGun Combat Warships in 1/144 scale that use Co2 powered cannon that fire Ball Bearings. Does your tank R/C combat use the same principles?
    Please email me some more pics, links etc

11. bullyhys

bullyhys New Member

Hi Peter,

To answer your question the tanks in 1/16th scale use a electronic combat system that uses a IR signal simular to a TV remote setup.:)

Some of the larger scale tanks (1/6th) actually do shoot paintballs and such.

There local R/C tank clubs in your area that have websites, and a host of other site world wide. This is the R/C Tank club that I belong to here in the USA: http://web.mac.com/ksoc/iWeb/S.C.A.T./Welcome.html

Send me an email and I'll try an give you some more details.

Have a Happy New Year