RC Mud Bogging

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by bandit1, May 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bandit1

bandit1 Member

my main question is, does anyone do this??? Me and 2 of my friends have been doing this for a couple weeks now, and its pretty fun. We're just using some piece of junk Radio Shack type trucks for now, but we're all thinking about going nitro, with a high lift and boat loads of torque. So anyone on these forums do this???
  2. bandit1

bandit1 Member

oops, sorry bout the title, i meant rc MUD bogging
  3. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

is it in reall deap mud like a couple inches?
  4. bandit1

bandit1 Member

naw, more like an inch to and inch and a half, but its a lot more like water. Theres a couple spots were theres a stream, the water only lik ean inch deep all the way around with stone under it, and thats were we usually go. I'll have to take some pic's of us out there, maybe some1'll get inspired. LOL
  5. atc1100rider

atc1100rider Member

you cant waterproof a esc or put anything over it it needs air you wold have to have like a micro fan for it
  6. alisar70

alisar70 Member

what happend if mud goes in my engine
  7. atc1100rider

atc1100rider Member

then you have to take it all apart and clean it before it scratches anything then you are in truble plus for nitro the only way you can go msing is if you custome make it so your pipe ssticks out of mud and the filter becuse that all needs to breath freely and you will need to put ballons over your electronics like servos maybe some black tape over the sides of those and a ballon over the reciver and you ight want to keap the batteries clan yo i meann i am thinking about doing this with my new tmaxx i am getting
  8. alisar70

alisar70 Member

oh that takes to long for me see i wont take it in mud then AWWWWWW!!!
  9. monsterrcbuilder04

make a snorkle kit for the esc...lol. just use an msc. they are cheap and who cares if it gets ruined
  10. alisar70

alisar70 Member

i never knew what a esk was whats that?

ESC>>>>>>>>>?<<<<<<<<<<<
  11. monsterrcbuilder04

an electric speed control. it is only on electric cars. it gives all the comands
  12. bandit1

bandit1 Member

i wouldnt be worrying about an esc, because of nitro, and since its a custom one, i'll make everything water/mud, watever, tight. I'm sure i could rig up somekind of snorkle system too, shouldnt be a problem. about the muffler, i'll probably end up making it rear exhaust, so it can piont striaght out of the back, where not much mud goes.
  13. monsterrcbuilder04

ya everything should be fine if you s
  14. monsterrcbuilder04

everything should be fine if you seal it all up and make a snorkle for the air intake
  15. alisar70

alisar70 Member

hehe snorkel it reminds me of the swimming snorkel
  16. monsterrcbuilder04

no like a air intake snorkle on a off-road truck
  17. alisar70

alisar70 Member

oh oh ok
    where can i get 1 of those
  18. monsterrcbuilder04

19. bandit1

bandit1 Member

alisar, u making a bogger??? if u r, maybe we could bounce idea's off of each other with this. my freind's say it would be too much money for them, so i'm the only one around here thats doing one, maybe. i dont think u'll find a snorkle system scaled down for an rc, but if u do tell us about it. thanks.
  20. monsterrcbuilder04

just take copper piping and run that up to the top of the car with an air filter on it. should be almost like cold air intake
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.