RC Helicopter?

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by gamereaper3, Jun 4, 2008.

1. gamereaper3

gamereaper3 New Member

I am into rc cars and have been wanting to try a rc helicopter. What is a good RTF helicopter to start with.
  2. Flyboy73

Flyboy73 New Member

That depends on many things... and especially your budget...

If you just want to experiment with R/C helis and don't want to spend a lot, the Blade series of helicopters is a good one. They are very stable and a person can essentially get the feel of the flight controls and teach themselves (some-what) to fly..

If you are really serious and interested, and have more money to spend, I would suggest starting with a 50 class heli... They are much more capable and can range from a "trainer" or beginner heli to a full 3-D machine, depending on your setup.

I'd recommend the following 50 Class Helis.
    -Thunder Tiger Raptor
    -Align T-Rex 600

There are options for both Nitro and Battery powered for both. Nitro is going to be cheaper to start with and when you crash (you will), you don't have to sweat killing an expensive battery.

Either way, I recommend a good flight simulator such as Real Flight G3-G4. I wish they had them back when I started flying r/c helis in the early 90's.. Would have been much less expensive! :thumb:
  3. ansky

ansky New Member

4. zeafor

zeafor New Member

Esky Lama 2, Lama 4, Blade CX are all good beginners' rc helicopter. Check them out from Google