RC drag Qs

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by vette_7t9, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Here are some Qs bout RC drag:
    -can they perform standing burnouts?
    -are they 2wd rwd?
    -big block engines?
    if you find pics add link
  2. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

I cant say that I know much about RC Drag racing but. like I posted before I used to build strip cars. Here are some key things to a drag car. You really dont want 4x4 simply because power is lost when you start to transfer power to 4 tires instead of two. Posi traction is a must. Big blocks ususally make more power but take longer to Reach higher RPM. And its the opposite for small blocks. If you could lock the front tires somehow you could do standing burnouts with an RC. You would need a lot of torque to do a wheelie (not at all saying its not possible)
  3. timrock

timrock Active Member

rockn82 i cant say you know much of anything.

i do know that people who drag race electric,use 20-30 cells with 14-17 turn armatures and go 0-85mph in less than 2 seconds.

they use 2wd and dont do burnouts.they use wheelie bars to keep the front of the car down at take off and have wings to create down force.the wings are much like air plane wings but are upside down.
  4. TEE

TEE New Member

i dont think its a drag car, but there was a 1/10th scale four wheel drive do a burnout, it looked real sweet. i got the picture off hpi.I have a ntc3, can someone tell me how he did that, thats got to take allot of power!

5. dudex

dudex Member

he probably put bleach on the tires because they wont smoke like that normally
  6. timrock

timrock Active Member

you never see that in RC drag racing.
    i would never even try to do that.
  7. Nitro Napalm

Nitro Napalm Member

son of a Bitc* , thats one #@$% of a wheel spin...BLEACH?! dude! if thats what bleach can do....im going down to the grocery store to get sum in advance! lol ... if u wanna talk about drag...? just listen...fcuk the 4 wheel or the 2 wheel....the rwd...theres only one thing u need power...and of course my favourite item of driving...ruthlessness...smack the other drivers back lip of the car and see him go flying while u rip past the finish line....and all that awaits u iz the prize and the poon tang :D
  8. timrock

timrock Active Member

i wouldnt waste the money on tires just to ruin them like that.

you are right N Napalm.dragracing is all about power.with out it there would be no dragracing.
  9. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

wow that burnout....
    it kinda looks fake, like cotton balls and paint? if it made those skid marks there would be tons more smoke. Im just skeptic of that photo.
  10. mastmec

mastmec Member

it is fake, look at it real close, there is no exhuast smoke and the so called smoke is just stuffed under and around the car. And it wouldn't be that thick.
  11. dudex

dudex Member

youre right it does look pretty fake. although the bleach trick does work maybe not that well though.
  12. mastmec

mastmec Member

Timrock would be one to think it is real, and he would not try because he knows he couldn't do it because his clutch would engage at idle, he swears by that you know.
  13. dudex

dudex Member

14. timrock

timrock Active Member

what makes you say my clutch would engage at idle?and i swear by it?lmao...

it isnt a problem if it slightly,engages at idle as long as it doesnt stall when the break is applied.thats the only thing i can think of that i said that would make you say somthing derogatory like that about me.

also that pic you guys are talking about is as real as dudex/rockn82
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.