Raptor, Hornet, Phantom and others at...

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by doc_harvey, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Renaud

Renaud Member

I finished it yesterday, and used a 160 g/sq paper to avoid excessive weight, and......it dives as if it were a heavy stone as soon as I toss it. I checked the weight, my plane doen't seem that heavy. Suzuki's planes (AS paper laboratory) or even the realistic Andrew Dewar's planes fly well.
    I tryed to give dihedral, and to bend up the rear edge of the delta wing, but it failed too. Moreover, the plane turn upside down.
    I'll make a second attempt, and try to adjust nose weight. I am intrigated

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Well, even if they dont fly, they still look like pretty good "static display" models.

Have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  3. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

hmmm.... have u tried rubber band launches? an ive found that enough nose weight will make almost anything fly ;-)
  4. Renaud

Renaud Member

Before you launch them with the help of a rubber band, you must check whether the plane flies straight on, dives or stall, launching it by hand.
    About nose weight, I suspected it to be in excess, perhaps not much, however, although the balance point is exactly 1/3 of the chord of the delta wing, starting from the front: the plane cannot dives so fast as it does.

I'll build another plane to see what's about.