Raptor, Hornet, Phantom and others at...

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by doc_harvey, Jan 29, 2006.

1. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

2. Willja67

Willja67 Member

I tried opening the Raptor and it asked for a password. Do you know what it is or do you have to buy it?
  3. modano1

modano1 Member

The password is at the bottom of the page "IN ENGLISH"

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy guys,

well looks like modano1 beat me to it, buthere it is anyway the password is......... ojimak

And here is a tip:
    when you need a password or are looking for one that you know should be on the site, go to www.google.com, and on the right side of the "search box", click "language tools" and then go to the "translate webpage" and insert the desired web address into the box and chose your translation. This time it was japanese beta to english.
    Below is a direct link to the google translation page:

Hope this helps,

Greg aka GW
  5. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

cool :D do the models rotate like on trotskiys page?
  6. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Speaking of Trotskiy's page, how often does he rotate? I'm looking forward to the Vampire.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy guys,

Trotskiy usually rotates his model about every thirty days, some times more often sometimes less often.
    As for this site, from what I gathered by reading the english translation, all of these models will eventually be availible for download.

have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  8. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

key word... "eventually" :( looks like well have to keep checking them.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Well dont worry historybuff,

I made it a favorite and I have a list of sites I check every morning before work.......first my email, then cardmodels.net, then 3dpapermodels, then trotskiys and now this one, so when one pops up for release I will know it and I will let ya'll know.

have a good day,

Greg aka GW

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

well, I said I would keep you up to date on new releases from the above mentioned site. The Tigercat twin engine airplane has been released for download now. The password is ojimak see it at this link http://homepage2.nifty.com/ojimak/interest.htm

Have a good day all,

Greg aka GW
  11. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

12. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Just looking at these models it looks like they were designed to be able to fly. Am I right?
  13. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

one does get that impression... only time an plenty of glue will tell ;-)
  14. Renaud

Renaud Member

Flying planes

Probably flying planes...not just because I read it such as you, but because you can see the pattern for the hook her and there, to allow catapulting them by means of a rubber band.
    I am building the Concorde, and I hope it flies!

For six months, I am addicted to flying planes...how long will it last?
  15. Willja67

Willja67 Member

I reckon you only mean flying models and not in a real airplane but as a guy who almost has his private pilots license I can tell you that the thrill I get as the airplane lifts off (no matter if it's in an airliner as a passenger or the 172 I fly) never gets old. And a good flight is worth a couple days of the walking on air feeling, at least for me.8)
  16. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

as for flying models... it never ends, is just somethin about seein ur creation soar that is unmistakably beautiful :)
  17. smsuski

smsuski Member

Ojimak has put up the other F-18 "tally-ho"
  18. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Hope your checkride goes well! Don't get nervous about it. I've had my license for about a year and a quarter now and I still feel the same way.

19. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

being a pilot....

I always thought that i'd fly a plane, but one thing led to another....I didn't got to college, so being a military pilot kind went by the wayside...then, after many helocopter, plane and boat rides I came to the stunning conclusion that I suffer from severe motion sickness...what a freakin drag....but I have always felt that if I were in the front of the plane, controlling the motions and having a good perspective of the horizon, that I would be able to pilot an aircraft......any ohter pilots out there who can't be a "back-seater"?

20. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Well Doc there is a program, I don't know who sponsors it called the Discovery Flight. For about $60 US (in the US) you can get a 30 minute fligth lesson to see how you like it. You get to do some flying and it counts for time in your logbook. Most flight schools that I know of are involved and it's a good way to get people hooked on flying.

As far as getting motion sick even Chuck Yeager had that problem when he started out. He puked all over the back seat of the plane he flew in the first time. So there is a good possibility that you could get over it.