Random list of wanted ships

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Paragon, May 24, 2007.

1. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Thanks for the link!
  2. Kjev

Kjev Member

What was that link to the Chig Bomber? What site?

3. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

4. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Ok, I've finished a reskin of the Chig Bomber's engines that I'm calling a Chig Fighter. The shape should be right, and its a very simple model, but I think it'll prove difficult to build, the score lines might be hard to see, and there aren't really any instructions yet. Plus, the texture may be a lot like that of a Chig Fighter, but I don't pretend its great. So much so, in fact, that I'm not going to take it off the list.

I may need to add another part for the very front as well. But I'll try to take a shot at building it, labelling the pieces, and making some instructions.

You can browse my gallery, it includes a repaint of Jaybat's Hammerhead fighter:

5. Kjev

Kjev Member

Awesome! Thanks Paragon

6. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Ok...everyone ignore my "Chig Fighter" because:

1: it doesn't work
    2: Gearz already made one.
  7. Joe Brown

Joe Brown New Member

The Needle-Threader / Circular Wing Deathglider is a pain... I've been working on the thing sporadically for almost 3 years:

: Gallery

I do have some more reference images buried on my HD; I'll try and get those added to that page.
  8. Bodie

Bodie New Member

If it's not too late to add a vote, I'd love to make Discovery from 2001/2010.
  9. Kjev

Kjev Member

Joe Brown:
    Saw your pics. I'm overawed. I think I'll let you handle the needle threader. What' ou've got going is an impressive piece of work.

What scale is it?

And on the list . . .
    What about the Agro Ship and Prison Barge from BSG?
    Or The Wraith Darts from Stargate Atlantis?
    Or . . .

10. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Certainly interesting looking needle threader...I hope you can do one in paper.
  11. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

anyone seen Gearz since the site switched over?
  12. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Good question. I haven't personally...
  13. Joe Brown

Joe Brown New Member

I'm working to the same scale as the resin kit of the Deathglider:
    I know the reviewer (Ter_or at Starship Modeler) and while he lists that model at 1/48, I have seen it at Federation Models listed at 1/32. I'm using the fuselage of the same kit, and it barely fits through a model of the Stargate also in 1/32.

Anyways, I have hopes of getting it done before the holidays of this year. Maybe.
  14. Joe Brown

Joe Brown New Member

Thanks! I'm building it to the same scale as the various Stargate kits (either 1/32 or 1/35, depends on sources). Hopefully I'll get it done before the holidays...

When it comes to me making it into a paper model, I literally have no clue. I'll be happy to share my source images and construction pictures with anyone who thinks that they can make a paper model.
  15. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

The construction pictures should be very useful.

Meanwhile, does anyone know if there are any models of ships from Starship Troopers, besides the Rodger Young? In particular, I'd like to get the dropships and fighters. The Valley Forge, Dropship, Retrieval Ship and Fighter from the "Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicals" would be cool too, but I doubt anyone has made those.
  16. Kjev

Kjev Member

Nothing I know of, although I've been thinking along the same lines.

TV-links.co.uk's Cartoons section has good streaming videos of the Roughnecks series. Don't know if that will help you design anything or not.

17. Kjev

Kjev Member

www.starshipmodeler.com's resource section may have something.

Most of his stuff deals with the Rog, though. There is a miniature battles game for the Roughnecks out there, though. They may have some pics of their models and miniatures.

18. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

The DVD boxset has a lot of drawings in the Special Features sections.
  19. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I'll have to take a look at that.
  20. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

Anybody know of any Dan Dare models the Anastasia or Zylbat would be favorite thanks