Random list of wanted ships

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Paragon, May 24, 2007.

1. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Yeah, thats a good one.
  2. marksolo

marksolo New Member

Great, I will try to find some 3 view drawings and hopefully textures.
    I am hoping that the more resources you gather for the designer, the more likely it will get created.
  3. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Not a bad idea either. So everyone please look at the ones you want, and start trying to find as many resource images as you can. Then give them to me in this format:

Ship Name - {url=firstimageurl}1{/url} - {url=secondimageurl}2{/url} etc.

Replace { and } with [ and ] of course.

So it looks like this:

Flamberge Dreadnought - 1 - 2 - 3
    Trireme Battleship - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6

For those curious, both of those ships were created from some of my concepts for an in-development game called Infinity: The Quest for Earth. You should all definitely check it out.
  4. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

I second the request for Halo models. I'd also like to see a good quality paper model of the Blake's Seven Liberator, the "Betty" from Alien Resurrection (Nostromo has already been mentioned, but is a definite must have as well). I'd love to see paper models of just about any of the spaceships seen in the Serenity movie battle scene (or the Reaver junkyard scenes).

There are also some amazingly cool Machinen Krieger (did I get that right?) spacecraft models I'd love to see made...like the banana boat, or the camel boat.

My personal design projects that are currently in progress (in addition to my nearly-ready new Independence War models) include a couple of low-demand, but cool-looking ships I hope to have done before year's end. One is the Shuttle from the space western movie "Outland". The other is a ship from the TV show "Starhunter": The Trans Utopian Liner "Tulip". I also have a mesh done for a ship from the Honor Harrington series, but no textures yet. I also have a couple of original science fiction workhorse designs in progress: one for a space freighter (containership) and one for a tanker. Look for these in the fullness of time.

So many models to create: So little time
  5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I have no problem accessing his site and I download his aviation models the T-25 and AH-6..............

Pepakura needs a password to open them.

Are these free and I missed/overlooked the password.............or are they to be purchased and password is supplied after payment?

6. marksolo

marksolo New Member

ok here you go.

Halo Pelican Dropship - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

i am gone for a couple weeks, after i return, i will try to find more images for this one
  7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Never Mind! Wrong program............:oops:

8. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Anyone know who might be interested in doing some of these?
  9. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

It's not a canon design, but a Chandley-class assault frigate from the STSSTCS game would be really cool. 1 - 2 - 3

That's my FASA Chandley, btw. I bashed a Miranda-class hull for the saucer.

I had a cool idea: for those who do Federation starships, could you making the name and registry a seperate section? What I mean is, the hull would be blank and the name and registry would be on a seperate sheet so one could print them on typing paper.
  10. Gearz

Gearz Member

There's some great ideas for projects here, we DEFINITELY need more developers! A poll would be great to see, to bad it would need a zillion ships/subjects to keep everyone happy. Hey..I'd vote.. Unfortunately, we'd probably just end up with a popularity list of subjects that may (or may not) be out there OR get developed.

What have we got? For a poll, I guess you'd have to break it down somehow..

*Classic SF Literature = MANY (Shock Horror, the Borg weren't the first ones to use Cube shaped vessels)
    *TV/Movie (Classic spaceships) = LOTZ
    *PC games = ZILLIONS (Lots of unfamiliar, totally underrated and way cool designs)

A daunting prospect. ( but it would be fun to see)

Just by btb.. The Betty is one I have underway, there doesn't seem to be any 3D models of it, so its DIY project = slow progress..
  11. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

SWEET Betty! I'm so glad to learn that you're onto this one. Count me in!

I love the start-from-scratch designing process...especially after learning metasequoia...but I'm still what you might call a rookie dev, or at least a slow one.
  12. Gearz

Gearz Member

All righty then.... your in!
  13. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Well we don't need an actual poll, everyone just start telling me your votes.
  14. Gearz

Gearz Member

Good thinking Paragon

I vote - Son'a Battleship
  15. cjd

cjd Member

Moya or Talyn from Farscape

16. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I'll count that for Moya. I would vote for the Valdore if someone wasn't already apparently working on it...

But for now, I'm going to back up Gearz and go for the Son'a ship.

I also included suggestions as votes.
  17. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

this is a REALLLY hard decision!

I'm going to hold out for a Nostromo from Alien...errr....maybe Aeryn's Prowler from Farscape.....errr.....maybe something from The Adebetures of Riddick....hmmm....
  18. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Oy, more to add. You'd better choose only one! :p
  19. Kjev

Kjev Member

You know, I think I could kitbash a deathglider together. Can you get some reference pics?

20. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

You mean from the B5 Sentri from Diego Cortez Pardo? I'd thought about that too.

Anyway, here's a useful link to a build review of a plastic model of it. Nice, clean still shots that show lots of detail: