Railroad Net

kf4jqd

Hello my fellow railfans/hams:

I have found a net on 40 metres, 7267KHz, that has a railroad net. It's on Sunday mornings at 9am Eastern Time. They are current or retired employees from America's railroads. A couple of them are retired engineers for the Santa Fe. There is also one guy who works for Union Pacific. For those who are not Hams, you can listen in using a shortwave radio that has side band (SSB).

Andy KF4JQD

PS
Maybe this winter, I will start a model RR net. Not enough time this summer!:mad:

See you at Field Day!

MCL_RDG

I'm...

...in the prosess of setting uP the RR and the radio shack Andy.

Perhaps our regulars here don't know that along with RRing I love communicating around the world on Ham radio and meet very often other hams who are RRs too (closet or otherwise).

I talk to several prominent modelers in my area who are also hams. I am never at a loss for "train talk" - "on that air".

Perhaps a suggestion to modelers looking to expand their horizons is to note to them is the fact that as they use their scanners they can listen in on ham traffic on 2 meters and I guarantee, at some point they're gonna here a conversation that they'd love to join.

Not even related to model railroading- I'll mention that I have a date to operate NJ2BB. That's the Battleship New Jersey. I bet a few guys here would be like- kewl~~~~~~~~~~~

That's right, I'll be sitting in the radio ops center of NJ2BB (the amateur call sign for the radio station on board- HEY, she's decomissioned!) and handing out contacts via vox (voice).

Oh, that's right- you don't have a ham license- you're not allowed above the main deck. Too bad. However, you have a "ticket"- here's the...

Mark AB3AO