Railfans/ Ham Radio Operators

kf4jqd

To All Hams/Railfans:

I would like to start a weekend net dealing with Ham Radio and trains. Would anyone be interested? We can discuss if we should buy that new Big Boy or the IC756PRO!

Andy KF4JQD

PS
If you are not a Ham but own a shortwave that can receive SSB, you can tune in!

Attachments

• kf4jqdqlo.jpg
    kf4jqdqlo.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 99

jkristia

Well, I am a Ham and have a Kenwood TS570D, but unfortunately live a place where I can't put up any antenna (!@#$ home owners association), so I will have to stick to model train for now. I would love to get back on the air though.

Jesper, aka W6KTO, aka OZ1KTO

interurban

Hi Andy sounds very intresting, all I can do is tune in on a radio and hope for a good bit of evesdroping:D
Wish I had more time , may be in about 4 years 8 months and er 8 days:p
Best of Luck with the thread I will be Lurking;)

McFortner

In about 1 month, when I move into our new home, I'll get the 10M radio up and running again. Just let me know where you will be and I'll at least listen. Eventually I'll get a radio with more than one band! ;)

73 de Michael
N0YBC/4

Ham Radio Operators

Well, I am a ham of long standing, but have not been on HF for a number of years. All I have right now is a 2m/440 HT. I support your efforts, however, even if I can't participate.

73 and all that from W2CFP.

MCL_RDG

CQ CQ CQ

Hey Andy, all~~~~~~~~~

AB3AO here (formerly N3PEB, license came up for renewal and I shot the dice on a new callsign).

I am in the process of putting up my station (again)- got layed away when I moved 3 years ago.

I will take note of the callsigns here. I have my 10 meter radio on the air and am waiting for an opportunity to get the TS-520S up as well. I am in a townhouse so my dipoles are strung in the attic along with a 2-meter homebrew beam.

When I have the rest of the ops up- I'll let ya's know.

In the meantime- I typically am listening and calling CQ around 28.440-28.480.

By the way- how do you think I made out with the new call?

America'sBest3AmeteurOperator

Mark