Railfanning the layout

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by chessie4155, Oct 9, 2006.

1. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

Had a little time today to do some railfanning. Caught a couple of interesting trains.
    First up was a WM F7A leading a C&O U23B, both units a rare treat out here on the Western Division. Then a little while later ,along came GM50 and bringing up the markers was the purple safety caboose C3718. I had seen GM50 before , but not in the lead..

Attached Files:

2. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Nice pictures, chessie4155. That GM 50 looks good: is that a custom paint job? It also looks like you've added some details to it, and nicely done, too. Your crossing also looks good as does that B&O position-light signal. Very nicely done work.:thumb:

3. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Great Pictures chessie 4155.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  4. chessie4155

Thanks Guys!:wave: The GM50 was painted Gold to commemorate EMDs 50th anniversary.
    I missed out on the ones Athearn did ,so I painted my own and added extra detail parts.

I went over to Arthurville to catch the action today and found one of the CMX (Chessie Motor Express) Fuel trucks. Then drove over to the depot and found a WM unit with the crew talking things over. Heard on the scanner, that a Rail Inspection Train was coming in , so I drove over to catch it and this happend!!:oops: Turns out the Officer just wanted to check out my Chevelle:D ..and here is the Rail Inspection Train.

Attached Files:

5. Thoroughbreed

Thoroughbreed Member

Ya might wanna have a look at the hood latch on chevelle, could come open on ya.:thumb:
  6. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Cool set of photos!

I really like the WM F7A leading the train!
  7. Relic

Relic Member

Meby that's his excuse for pullin' over instead of showin'that cop the short wat home
  8. Chessie6459

Even more Great Pictures.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  9. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

Hey there Chessie4155!! :wave: Did any of the affilates of the Chessie System paint an F unit in chessie colors?
  10. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Fun shots! I'm always happy to see surprise F units!
  11. chessie4155

Miles: I'm sad to say no F units were ever painted in Chessie colors. I never understood why either. At least one should have been painted and used for Executive trains .
  12. chessie4155

Headed over to Scottsburg to see what was happenen. Not much today. Tried to get a shot of the rock runner but if it wasnt for the telephones poles, its the trucks that get in the way! Got a shot of the local with an orange safety caboose C3043. Finally gave up and started for home. Started to cross the bridge and caught the St. Louis Trailer Jet.

Attached Files:

• 922.JPG
      File size:
      58.5 KB
    • 885.JPG
      File size:
      62.7 KB
    • 801.JPG
      File size:
      63 KB
  13. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

I'm enjoying this trip.:thumb: Also, you've done a nice job of using props with your view from the bridge: very imaginative.

14. LongIslandTom

LongIslandTom Member

Those are some sweet Geeps, Chessie. :thumb:

Love that EMD commemorative engine! Definitely a conversation piece.
  15. Chessie6459

Cool. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  16. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

WOW MARK!!!:eek: THIS IS GREAT!!!:thumb: i have admired you layout from the vids you post:thumb: , but i REALLY like this layout tour you are doing!!!:D VERY NICE scenes, and GREAT MODELING!:thumb: :thumb: THANKS!!:D -Deano
  17. chessie4155

Thanks Deano:wave:
    This morning I headed out to Adams Pass. This is a long haul but well worth the trip. Today was a pretty busy day. First up was a Sperry Rail car , out testing the track. Next was Westbound Gateway 97. 20 minutes later another Westbound, #95. After 95 blew past I had to wait for a good while.

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      File size:
      51.4 KB
    • 2.JPG
      File size:
      53.4 KB
    • 3.JPG
      File size:
      48.5 KB
    • 4.JPG
      File size:
      50.8 KB
    • 5.JPG
      File size:
      44.4 KB
  18. chessie4155

After what seemed like hours, was more like 1 hour, an Eastbound came along, Cumberland 96. 45 minutes later another Westbound, #89. After that I decided to head back home..:wave:

Attached Files:

19. fsm1000

fsm1000 Member

Looks like fun. Hmmmm I feel a story [fan trip] on my layout hmmmm LOL
    Looks good. :)
  20. viperman

viperman Active Member

I like this thread. Some nice shots in here