Railfanning saves life, no film at 11...

Zug

Ever happen to be in the right place at the right time? Usually stuff just goes wrong for me, but today a was going to Purlator to ship some returns for my mother, just as I parked my truck I heard a rumbling.

So I looked and seen a CP SD90 & SD40-2 (I think) pair coming down the CP main line, I'd never seen a train when I've gone there before, til then I didn't even realize the track was right there. So I stopped for about 3 minutes and watched it go by, as I was coming out another CP SD-2 was parking some boxcars for loading on a spur by a paper factory, so I watch that for a couple minutes.

So I drive off and headed to walmart, as I got to the a big intersect on the way, I had to stop for fire trucks and ambulances, as there was a 3 car crunch that'd happened a few minutes before...

If I had stopped to watched the trains, it might have been me in there....

I've had stuff like this happen to me before. A delay of some sort, or changed plans that kept me out of something bad that happened where I would have been if I'd not been delayed...

brakie

Zug asks:Ever happen to be in the right place at the right time?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have had my fair share of close calls and very close misses.Seems that God has smile on me more then then a few times over my life time..

Zug

One of the times I remember most was about 15 to 20 years ago, I'd planned to go on a shopping trip to a big mall in Detroit (Southfeild) with my father on a Sunday, well the plans got changed and we went on the Saturday before instead.

For some reason I happened to look at my watch at 12:45 pm just outside the Husdons store.
Sunday evening I was watching the Detroit news on TV, at 12:45PM on Sunday there was a shooting in that mall, just outside the Hudsons.

Now that's something that sticks in you mind!

Clerk

I have had multiple times when I was delayed or changed plans that could have had disatrous results if I handn't changed.