Raiders of the Lost Ark plane?

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by causticphlegm, Oct 25, 2007.

1. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Wow! $115.00 for a 12" aircraft, that's like $10.00 an inch. Does Speilberg / Lucas know about that? Hmmnnn? Didn't Lucas go on a tangent and start closing GK'ers down awhile back?
  2. Paladin

Paladin Member

I doubt they do know.
    You're right about the price, it is nuts. Many of the so called "garage" kits are like that. Just another reason I quit the plastic models, and went to paper. Most good model makers here could make that plane out of paper, do a great job of it, and not charge anything close to that crazy price.
    I am sure Armorman will do an excellent job. I put together his model of the Babylon 5 Thunderbolt III, and it looks great.
  3. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Right. I tried to make a 32.5" Enterprise available to the modeling community and if I had charged by the inch I would have charged $325.00 dollars minimum, but all I wanted was $100.00, heck we're only talking about $10.00 worth of styrene and maybe $20.00 worth of resin + the work to make it. Just figure a model the size I'm talking about goes for $300.00 to $800.00 or more! That's probably why I got run out on a rail, before I even got it to market.

The price is nuts and I don't blame anyone for going to paper. I've been amazed at the level of detail that's possible with paper and card.

I'm sure Armorman's model be great. He's a very talented person and does some fine work all around.:thumb:
  4. irocer

irocer New Member

Is there an update to a paper model of the Raiders flying wing yet? Is armorman still working on one?

ARMORMAN Guest

It's on my list, but I've been swamped with "real life" and have had no time to work on a matter of fact, I just blew a rod in my only vehicle, so now I'm scrambling for a way to get to work Monday.
  6. ltla9000311

ltla9000311 Member

On topic, but off topic....

All this Raiders talk got me thinking, what kind of biplane was in the very beginning of the movie?:confused: I'm a total airplane nerd, but this one escapes me! wall1

Just wondering......

ARMORMAN Guest

I believe it was a 1930s Waco biplane.....