1. Ladies & gentlemen, I would like to announce that there is a new photo gallery section. You can create your own personal photo gallery (to include setting up your own albums). You can even post videos. You can also post and share photos in the galleries of others (if that person allows such), as well . ENJOY!!!

Raging Rivets

Discussion in 'How Do I...' started by Experimental Designs, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Experimental Designs

Experimental Designs Papercraft Visionary

Well I at last reveal my Archilles Heel in the matters of making paper models. Since I'm delving into some Steampunk style stuff (no thanks to my Warmachine obsession of late) I've been at wits end trying to find a very practical and economical solution into putting rivets on my card models.

Some suggestions?
  2. lehcyfer

lehcyfer Member

Well, one method can be using drops of wood glue (twice). the effects:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Other method is to use a syringe needle (cut short and sharpened) to put a lot of holes in a piece of card. In effect you get round rivets you need to push from inside the needle with some wire and then glue separately on the model surface.
  3. Experimental Designs

Experimental Designs Papercraft Visionary

I believe I'll use the second method because it sounds as if it would be more consistent than the wood glue.

Thanks!
  4. PemTech

PemTech Member

I second lehcyfer's method, the only difference is that I use white glue, to reduce shrinkage, and apply it with the head of a pin. Multiple applications produce larger rivets.
  5. LAZGEORG

LAZGEORG New Member

In the glue method how do you give the rivets the appropriate colour???
  6. lehcyfer

lehcyfer Member

The entire model was painted. Though you could mix glue with paint...