Radioshack Trucks

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by vette_7t9, Dec 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

This has been asked b4, in on road form.

But, are radioshack trucks capable of handling off road?
  2. imfast

imfast Member

yes i had a electric one and it work good but not the best it wont go trough alot of stuff but it will go through dirt grass and stuff but not as good as a savage nitro
  3. bandit1

bandit1 Member

iv found that with radio shack trucks, the more u spend on one, the better it is. like 80 bucks and over. the higher the ground clearence the better and 4wd is a big advangtage with them.
  4. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Good to hear they are good, many people doubted radioshack in the on road forum.
  5. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

i worked at radio shack , compaired to an associated truck or car there garbage, for the 100 yopu can get a radio shack car, 150 gets you a team losi mini t though its not to durable im sure they will come out with or have come out with hop ups to increse durability and speed, i mean tomake it do 5 foot jumps the things small so it could prolly do 2 feet, but in my experiance to get somthihng remotely decent at radio shack yuor more then part of the way to somthig you could really enjoy, a kit to put together a chasi is 180 then get another component if yer gonna git it get it good the first time :)
  6. trxtalon

trxtalon Member

it all depends on how much you want to spend and what you want to use it for. if you are happy with any rc car or truck that is what matters. having fun
  7. I have one of those radioshack trucks and Compared to hobby trucks; BIG DIFFERENCE. I had a spare 20t motor from my stampede and I took the stock motor out of it and put the 20t in it and put hooked two batts. to it and it went a lot faster than my e-pede. It only lasted about 5 min. because every min. or two i checked it to see if i blew the circuitry on it. i almost did though. if RS did make hop-ups for their trucks then they probably would be just as good.
  8. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Any suggestions to heat protection of the circuitry? And how do I snowproof? DO i need studded tires on a radioshack rc tire?
  9. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

I went to a local radio shack and they let me test drive some in the off road behind the store. It is to say, i am quite pleased with the big dodge ram, and even the very cheap Desperado. With a few hopups, i think these trucks will perform very good!
  10. timrock

timrock Active Member

you can Not hop up a radio shack car.everything is on one circut board.you would have to take everything out of it and put in a new radio system and speed control.just to be able to put a mild mod motor in it.but they wont accept a standard size motor or servos so you are stuck with it the way it is.i dont think you can even change the gears on them.and the constuction of them is Plastic crapola..go to www.traxxas.com and check out the car/truck called Spirit.it is only 100-120 $ and you can have all the versitility you would need to hop it up to perform the way you want it to.and it comes with everything you need.including a mild mod motor that is alittle bit more than twice as fast as the ones that come in a Radio Shack car.comes with radio... charger.....everything!
  11. timrock

timrock Active Member

12. pike

pike Member

no they suck balls period
  13. bro

bro New Member

hey vette_7t9,

you must test the Hummer H2 $50 more but it give you more power,
    digital proportional servo steering and speed control! I have both that why I know:D
  14. timrock

timrock Active Member

is that H2 Hummer one of those toys you get at Wal-mart that runs on a 9.6volt? those run on `AA` batteries!(laughing)
  15. bandit1

bandit1 Member

ya, lol, i dont suggest that one at all either. Not a good choice.
  16. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

No, not AAs! Anything but! They run on packs, 7.2 or 9.6 i guess. Anywhoo, how do I heat proof a radiioshck truck after installin a new motor? Do i cut an air intake and make a tube and manifold over the motor compartment so that a ram air effect can cool it? do i need a cooling fan? Can i isolate the motor and circuit?
  17. timrock

timrock Active Member

YES they do run on `AA`size cells.the 9.6volt are made of `AA` size cells wich is very cheesey.
    ok why do you need a new motor for your Radio Shack toy?also a ram air cooling vent is not a bad idea.i saw someone do that to a real RC car in a magazine.but it creates wind drag and makes the car alittle slower
  18. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

Why do you want to hop-up a RADIOSHACK CAR????? There not even near the professional rc cars that mostly all of us here play with...If you get a real car,it will last longer and you will have more joy with it.
  19. bro

bro New Member

still don't understand people say real RC car, I guess real RC cars means remote control car am I right so they are real in Radioshack, if you guys think is not real don't come in and post stuff can't help vette_7t9, I remember back years ago with my first used Toyota Corolla GTS pull up on the traffic light some rice boy looking at me with his BMW, both real cars but they think they are nicer and pricer than they have a real car, well sometime I think ...
    BTW vette_7t9 I look at the dodge and my Hummer H2 today I think you can fit a hobbie store motor in it, remember fast car is only for 1/4 mile race they can't turn!
  20. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

HEY! i saw some new cheap RCs!

I saw this New Bright UPV that looks like a traxxas truck. Don't know if it performs well tho.

And what are conditions that you guys expect a truck to endure? and what are conditions that are too extreme? need to kno before making a test of the 'cheap trucks'.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.