Radios

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by noresull, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noresull

noresull New Member

I have some questions about radio equipment. I currently have an HPI Nitro MT with a Futaba 2PEKA FM system. I really like the setup, and now I am in the market for a new car while keeping my truck, but I noticed on Towerhobbies it says the 2PEKA is discontinued.

First question, I am curious how much better the FM system really is compared the AM's. Second, Would it be worthwhile to just buy a new receiver, crystal set, servos switch and battery pack and just use the same radio for both cars. Third, what radio setup would you recommend for the HPI RS43 SS whether it was a piece together or a completely new set.
  2. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

i would buy a whole new radio system.
  3. mastmec

mastmec Member

FM systems are much better, they are faster, less interferance. You could use the same radio for both cars, you would have to probably change the trims when switching cars. If you do buy another radio with having multiple cars, you could get one with 2 to 10 model memory, then only have one transmitter, but I would keep the one you have for a spare.
  4. noresull

noresull New Member

Ok, so what FM System You guys recommend? I am looking at the Airtronics MX-3 3 channel system.
  5. mastmec

mastmec Member

I use an Airtronics Caliber 3PS FM system
  6. mx-3 is a good one....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.