radio???

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by monsterrcbuilder04, Jul 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

which radio should i get? the airtronics mx3 or futaba 2pl?
  2. redheat

redheat Member

I have the MX3 and think that it's great, depending on what kit you get I paid about 100. for the FM radio , 2 servos, batterie pack, rx box, and crystals.
  3. monsterrcbuilder04

what about the jr xs3
  4. redheat

redheat Member

Dont no enough about it to give you any info.
  5. monsterrcbuilder04

ok because there are good deals on all 3 on ebay. i might get the 2pl
  6. redheat

redheat Member

I'm sure that what ever you pick well be good, personally I like to keep my radio gear simple, dont need alot of the bell's and whistles that some of the more expensive stuff has to offer ,I would rather put the money in my trucks and cars.
  7. monsterrcbuilder04

ya htats why i was leaningh toward the 2pl.someone put a used one on for $60.it is like a month old i think
  8. monsterrcbuilder04

somebody used bin so its gone.there are more but i relized it was am and i heard that fm is better and for another $25 i think i will get the mx3.it comes with 1800 mah gp cells for the radio so it sounds like a good deal for $110.what do you think?
  9. redheat

redheat Member

Here's my take on electronic equipment purchase NEW, I no money is tight and everyone is always looking for a bargain but in he long run you'll save money with new stuff if something should go wrong. You say 110. read my other postand youll see that for around that price you can get alot more for NEW.
  10. monsterrcbuilder04

it is brand new.i also found out the futaba is only 2-channel and the savage needs a 3 channel.shoulda thought of that earlier.lol
  11. redheat

redheat Member

looks like the MX3 maybe.
  12. monsterrcbuilder04

i asked on an all savage forum and the 2 replies said jr xs3 but i want more people then 2 to give there opinion.if nobody else goes for the xs3 then im goin to get the mx3
  13. redheat

redheat Member

Did you decide on a radio yet? Checked out the site not much I can contribute to it, heck Im on about 5 sites now , Just cant get enough of this stuff if you no what I mean , looking to get my own computer but dont no what to look for any Ideas? RED
  14. monsterrcbuilder04

what the xmod site? computer i would say dells are ok if your looking for something that dont cost a lot and comes ready to go.but deffinatly dont run windows xp.i like windows 98 the most and my dad thinks the original is the best.just goes to show you that all technology doesnt get better over time. check out www.tigerdirect.com they have lots of stuff.i want to make my own pc but i dont have the money for that so im stuck with another dell for now
  15. redheat

redheat Member

Hey Monster thanks for your help man when it comes to these things I'm as dumb as a rock ,learning as I go. RED
  16. monsterrcbuilder04

no prob man. i like learning as i go.thats how i am working on my moped right now.kinda cluless but i found a good forum and im learning stuff.
  17. redheat

redheat Member

Thats what it's all about man , good luck RED
  18. monsterrcbuilder04

thanx. i'll keep you posted on how it turns out
  19. socal714guy

socal714guy New Member

Wait for the namido radio.....it will be one the best radio's to hit the market....no cystals and no is ever on your channel..it all so tells you the temp of veicle on the remote!!!
  20. socal714guy

socal714guy New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.