R2D2 pep build

tk3470

Apr 20, 2010
phoenix Arziona
I have been working on a pepakura verysion of r2d2 full size wondering if anyone is interested in building one also. Still have of a tone of unfolding to do.

dredd

Oct 9, 2007
I'm not good at unfolding ,but i would love a copy when it's done if possible.If you need blueprints for textures check out the yahoo group R2 builders or astromech

mapleman

Jul 18, 2007
Melbourne, Australia.
I would put my hand up to build once it has been unfolded on Pepakura.
I am not good with making models on Pepakura designers program.
I still have to build a Han in Carbonite model for a 30th Anniversary Empire Strikes Back dinner in late October. Australian celebrate later then the Americans.
I know the movie came out in August in Australia.

G'day Aussie Phantom. Good to see another Aussie on this forums.

TK3470 l have added 2 new HIC blueprints pictures on the 1 to 1 star wars forum.

howtogurus

Feb 20, 2010
US
Hi all, small clarification on the Yahoo R2D2 builders group. Here is the actual Yahoo group name " r2builders" Just do a search for that in Yahoo groups. Tons of info, blueprints etc. They also have a 1:1 R2D2 paper model there, it is a scale up of a smaller pdf paper model.

George :wave:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Yesterday I was thinking about a 1:1 R2-D2. One day later I find this thread. Great! :thumb:

Jixton

Jul 19, 2010
I'm currently working on building an RC Astromech... So I'm very interested in how this all works out.
I can't help, I'm afraid, with the 'unfolding' as I'm extremely new to Pepakura and wouldn't have a clue where to begin.

Good luck with this project though, as it looks like it'll be a very popular build for people.

jonesy

Jul 21, 2010
just found this thread and would want one to build, but my unfolding skills are rubbish

Jean Paul CY

Jul 18, 2010
I build this pepakura version of R2D2 on full size from biglobe.ne very hard ! but very beautifull I begin the R2A6 . Is any body had built this Star war collection ?

Jixton

Jul 19, 2010
I like your thinking there Thokamous....
We'll definitely need an R4 and R5 head to go with it, then we could swap between the 3 heads, or build one of 3 types of astromechs.
You could then build one of each!