R.J.Corman

brakie

Here is my R.J.Corman Geeps..These are Athearn GP7s..I bought the shells at 2 different hobby shops.While not correct(RJM has GP9S in these numbers)they still get a lot of attention from visitors at the club.When I bought these units in 96 I was told the decals was custom made..Enjoy.

Attachments

• IM000116.JPG
    IM000116.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IM000113.JPG
    IM000113.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 43

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Love 'em! Are those real screens up top or does the paint job do a neat job suggestng them?
Ralph

RailRon

This is a sharp looking paint scheme, Larry.

But what is or was the RJ Corman RR Company? Never heard of that before... :confused:

Ron

brakie

Ralph asks:Are those real screens up top or does the paint job do a neat job suggesting them?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ralph,Those serenes is Grimy Black paint that represents screens.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ed said:They're a little bit dirtier than the pics I've seen of the prototypes though.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Indeed those units need to be wash and wax.. :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ron asks:what is or was the RJ Corman RR Company? Never heard of that before...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
R.J.Corman owns a group of short lines,switching services and wreck clean up service..These short lines are located in Kentucky,Tennessee,Ohio and Pennsylvania.
See www.rjcorman.com for maps and other details

To see pictures of RJC locomotives check out:

www.railpictures.net

Then all locomotive and then R.J.Corman as the road name.. :D

cidchase

Nice work, brakie!! They service one of our plants
in Clarksville, TN. It's too kewl to see them being
modeled :) :) :) :thumb:

brakie

NYC-BKO said:
Very nice, Larry. What brought on the Corman craze??

Brian,Back in '96 I was living in Kenton (Oh) on a temporary job assignment for the company I was working for..Well like all good modelers I heard of a hobby shop located in St.Marys.So I took a personal day and went to St.Marys to check out the hobby shop that's where I found the first R.J.Corman shell.I was talking to the shop's owner and he told me about RJC's operation base out of Celina..So,I got directions to the track and went for a look see.After getting to the St.Marys yard area I heard a horn blowing in the distance so,like all good modelers and railfans I waited..Low and behold RJC GP9 #9007 pulled into town and I was hooked on that GP9.After talking to the engineer I went back to St.Mary's Hobby's and picked up the first RJC shell..To my surprise it was number 9007.Needless to say I made several more trips to St.Marys,Lima and Celina chasing down and videoing RJC..I also visited his operation on his Cleveland Line..So since then I been hook on RJC but,was unable to find the decals until recently..I plan on having 2 of my P2K GP9s and 2 GP38s painted for RJC as well as some boxcars and coil cars..You see I am going to ease out of modeling the C&O and Chessie and model my C&HV and RJC...After all short lines has always been my first love.
BTW GP9 9010 was working at the BP oil refinery at Lima.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Larry,

That's a neat story. It just shows the versatility of what we do and can do if we want to. We are limited only by the space we have available to work with. :thumb::thumb:

brakie

Guys,One more picture I would like to share with you..I hope you enjoy looking at it. :D
This is the 9007 shoving 2 tank cars back to its train..Notice the conductor protecting the shove.

Attachments

• IM000127.JPG
    IM000127.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 18

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Neat pic Brakie! I'm guessing you've rode along like that conductor on numerous occasions. Say, your track looks great. do you spray paint it?
Ralph

brakie

Ralph,I indeed did spray paint the track using Krylon Primer paint..I used the type they make for plastic..And yes as a brakeman I rode like that conductor many times.. :D

trainworm

those are some good lookin locos!

I have been itching to do one of those RJ Corman SD40T-2's they are pretty cool looking.