R/C Crawler Transporter

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Pad39A, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pad39A

Pad39A New Member

Is their any company that is making and selling radio controllled crawler transporters?
  2. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

Results 1 - 10 of about 114,000 for R/C crawler transporter. (0.33 seconds)

Please don't waste our members time by requesting info available on the web.
  3. Pad39A

Pad39A New Member

Excuse me but I take this as an insult, perhaps I will cancel my account. I simply ask if anybody would know or have any knowledge of where I would find a RC crawler transporter.
  4. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

No insult was intended. I merely wanted to show you how easy is to find 114,000 references to what you're asking for. Please do not ask fellow members to supply vendor information when is is readily available on the internet.
  5. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

This is way not cool...Id really appreciate a bit more flexibilty with new members than is being shown here so far, Especially from an administrator.

Card modelling is still a niche hobby, A lot of results and queries cannot be solved with a google search, It really does come down asking. Word of mouth in this case and many others with Space Models is the only thing I have been able to do to find most of my kits.

I saw the post from Pad39A and did check in to see what it was about, Saw that I could offer no help (Its probaly too obscure and complicated for a company or individual to offer, 4 seprate track motors all linked and functioning correcly and in tandem would be an interesting project but...) but never thought that the question had wasted my time, certainly not enough to chastise the poster for asking the question...

Really poor show there MS, its a discussion forum, there should be no such thing as bad/stupid question...Id really be sad if this place went all "Smart-Group" with Goose Stepping Mods.

Welcome to the party Pad39A....

Are you thinking of building your own such model...how big and will the rocket on the pad be static? I have the DM productions LUT in 1/96 scale but dont like his crawler..too dirty and used for something that would have been fairly brandspanking & new at the time it had a Sat. V on board...

John John
  6. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

Sorry you feel that way Irish...However you are not trying to turn a forum around and I am. Zealot was becoming a link farm, active membership falling, staff involved in selling, and a group of venomous commercial sites in firm control. Your disapproval of me is light hearted compared to the abusive remarks many posted. All I can tell you is to read the rules, the explanations, and decide for yourself about whether our site deserves your support and participation. I will let your "goose-stepping mods" remark pass without the edit/ban such dialog deserves.
  7. Ronson2k3

Ronson2k3 Member

As well to new members such a question is also a way to see if others are doing the same thing as the person is interested in. Shared experiences and that sort of thing. It's much like you being a manager of a department store and some one comes up to you asks were the tea towels are and you say go find them yourself. Courtesy is important. Advertisers take notice on how we treat our members. Encouraging or helping them shows you care about them. I spend a pretty good portion of my time here helping members. It's something I like doing. It's not a waste of my time especially if the subject peaks my curiosity.

PAD39A Welcome to Zealot. Sounds like you're just starting out? To help you a bit better we need a bit more info about what looking to do. After taking a look online. I don't think there are any KIT builders in the form of RC Kit for the Crawler. You may have to build or mod a static kit to do RC. Seems like a cool project though and perhaps not that difficult a build.

If your are hoping to build an RC Crawler to launch an Scale Shuttle from 'Model Rocket'. I would stay away from a card model LOL. You may find your hard work destroyed after such a launch. I would suggest a sheet metal launch surface with aluminum tubing for chassis and then detail parts out of RC Car parts perhaps. Perhaps a good place to start would be RC Robots. They are RC but the parts will move much like a crawler (slowly). There compact size will let you build around them to make a scale crawler. Parts are pretty reasonable too.

I'll get a PM on the way to you with a couple robot part of links.

Hope that helps
  8. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

I disagree Ronson... We are not a store here, we are a discussion forum and a hobby community. A person walking into an ongoing discussion does not ask where to find something without, at the least, identifying himself...let alone posting an introduction first. I consider THAT to be rude rather than my suggestion. The fact that I went to the trouble of doing a Google search and posting the result should hardly be considered an insult. I thank you for any help you are able to give new modelers and hope you might consider greeting new members in our introduction forum here http://www.zealot.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=616
  9. Ronson2k3

Ronson2k3 Member

He had started the thread he didn't jump on some one else's. So I'm not sure what you mean by that. Everyone here is of a different skill level and or experience. If you are willing to do an honest search you should give an honest answer. Please it's not a waste of my time to help out someone. When I first did the search for Crawler I was looking at the wrong ones 'Rock Crawlers' as there is a growing number of groups out there doing that hobby. Then I realized what he was looking for was something nearly totally different. So I didn't give up on him. I looked again. about 15 minutes later I figured that there isn't one (RC - Space Shuttle Crawler). It would be a very unique model in it's own right so a search would have brought up something pretty quickly. Image searches are usually pretty good for that as I would be proud enough of mine (If I had one) to show it off to others online. But nothing but the real Crawler came back.

If you are going to do a search or are willing to try help you have already accepted his terms for the question. Yes we are a discussion group. Even the most died in the wool scratch builders buy supplies to build there models with. So in my mind there is no difference between us talking about what we do or how we are able to do it. We put it together either from a kit or from scratch or somewhere in between but the stuff we use... to accomplish our task is from a store. For a person just starting out that is even more the case. I know you don't want public links but that question didn't ask directly for one.

I agree I have been less then diligent for not looking at the introductions and there have been quite a few here as of late. I've been concentrating on a project with one member and haven't paid to much attention to new people here. For that I apologize. I do try hard to help where I can or if curiosity strikes me I'll try to find out more for them and myself. It's one of the things I enjoy in the discussion is hearing new ideas. His seems like a real winner to me. I wish him the best of luck with it.
  10. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

Thank you for your considerate response and join you in wishing Pad 39A success in his quest.
  11. dkaniel

dkaniel Member

If this is your method of turning the forum around...you may loose even more members with your iron hand approach
  12. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

Not certain what iron hand you refer to. But rest assured I will do my best for this forum. At least, unlike past admins, I'm not here to sell you stuff...if I were I suppose I'd use a different approach....(customer is always right :))

...Why yes Pad39 we'll search for you...will that be Paypal or Visa?

You are so right DK, I'm a real foul up...I do so apologize to you and the entire universe....Now what can we add to your cart?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.