Quincy's scratchbuilt (in progress)

belg

This is how far I've gotten in about two weeks! Slow progress but I'm not punching any timeclock and I love it. I filled in some of the drying time painting "the details ala Casey". Hope you like it let me know like I have to ask for that. Thanks Pat

Attachments

• pict0001a.jpg
    pict0001a.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 330

belg

side view.
I wish my ability with a camera was better!

Attachments

• pict0002a.jpg
    pict0002a.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 331

jon-monon

Looks great! Scratchbuilding takes time. I've spent 60 or 80 hours on one building. It's worth the effort though.

Russ Bellinis

It looks great, and there is nothing wrong with the camera work. When you are trying to show off a model on a bare table, all you can ask is to make the pic big enough to see the detail and have it in focus. You were right on on both counts.

Clerk

I think it was Charlie that said "details, details".
That sure helps the scene. Of coarse the building isn't so bad either.:thumb: :thumb:

Patrick.......dont be so humble, your photos are just fine....and the scratch built...well who could say more than the others have done...Like the bits and bobs out front

krokodil

Hi.

Excellent job. Congratulation!

Is it the same building as on the first picture? If yes, why did you change the roof?.

What is your roof technology?

:thumb: :thumb:

belg

Guys here is a few shots of my progress on the quincy's compound.I'm looking to put tire tracks in place but I thinking a making a roller mechanism of sorts,but not sure how yet.Ideas welcome.

Attachments

• pict0021a.jpg
    pict0021a.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 61

belg

Krokodil yes this is the same structure and in the first pic it only had cardboard on the roof with lines to place the "tarpaper". Here's a close-up of the "junk pile". Thanks for the contributions of ideas for this. I used bits of wire wood some thread and styrofoam.The junker truck along side the structure was made with the technique from HOrail website I've used this technique before in the junkyard and it works well with some patience.

Attachments

• pict0023b.jpg
    pict0023b.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 60