Quick Question

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by awsomaha, Jul 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awsomaha

awsomaha New Member

Just wondering if you can run your nitro in the rain? Most posts I read don't, but I was just curious as to why not?
  2. rustler

rustler Member

i do i mean just as long as you have your cover on and dont go through any big puddles then you will be fine, ive ran it in the rain tons of times and never had a problem
  3. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

i ran my electric in the rain and i know someone who had theres fully submerged under water.i havnt really takin the nitros in the rain.if an electric can be exposed to it i doubt there is any problem with nitros
  4. redheat

redheat Member

Sure you can but before you do I would take the time to water proof your electronics servos and RX box.
  5. monsterrcbuilder04

ya htat would be a good idea.i dont purposly go into water but sometimes it just happens and it is a pain to ballon hte rx all the time but an the servos you can just put rubber cement on the seams
  6. redheat

redheat Member

There you go, spray some WD40 on electrical helps to water proof.
  7. monsterrcbuilder04

i dont see how wd-40 would help.wouldnt it get everything wet?
  8. redheat

redheat Member

Good question WD40 does several things 1-it inhibits rust, 2- it also repells water it has a combination of oils and solvents in it.
  9. monsterrcbuilder04

oh thats kool.ill try that some time
  10. redheat

redheat Member

Right on, RED
  11. It also acts like a grease and sticks
  12. redheat

redheat Member

Gotta take the good with the bad , I dont no about you but my stuff gets very dirty after a long day of running them reguardless if I use WD or a dry silicone lube, still requires a good cleaning. Keep in mind when using WD or any lube it doesnt take much to get the job done.
  13. elvisreaks

elvisreaks New Member

by the way w/d stands for water displacement, the 40 was thier 4oth try
  14. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

stuff always gets dirty. live with it! I think its fun cleaning everything out. It also gives you a chance to check everything out to see if anythings broken.
  15. redheat

redheat Member

Depending were you run ,your truck is gonna collect a little dirt so what the heck. Ill keep using it WD-40 that is.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.