Quick Hello!

thisismary

Nov 11, 2007
Ohio
alvadatwofooter.blogspot.com
Hi! I poked through your forums. You all seem like an interesting bunch!

In fairness, I have to admit that I am not a model railroader. I do, however, have 4-1/2 (one is a whitcomb under restoration) two foot gauge Industrial Locomotives on live track in my "back-yard".

Little Locos

Starting to write a blog about it. Stop by (link above)- ask questions (in comments). Or leave a note here, I will try to get the pics that you folks want and or need if any of you are interested in modeling critters.

I will come back here at least once a week -- the blog notifys me of comments daily.

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
You're certainly welcome to poke around here. After all, we are all in this because of one thing....we love our trains..!! Great little collection you have there..!!

thisismary

Nov 11, 2007
Ohio
:eek: is exactly right Loren. When I suggested that the fella get himself a hobby railroad to keep himself busy, I was imagining making dear little trees, tiny perfect mountains with tunnels ... yikes. I just look at it from the perspective that I got more than I asked for. :cool:

Pete, thanks for the welcome!

Our little railroad owes thanks to modelers actually. We looked to a modeler's perfect scale coal car for a pattern for a stone car that we made to put ballast down on our track.

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
man thats awesome :eek: ! i wish i had the time (or the money :mrgreen:) to have my own loco! but i dont think my wife would enjoy it though :p.--josh

thisismary

Nov 11, 2007
Ohio
Thanks Gus!

Josh,
You may be right about your wife not enjoying the locomotive, but then again she might. Because I helped put down the track for the locomotives, I got one dandy walking path through the woods. (Big Grin)

OTOH, We wouldn't have been able to swing any of the railroad except we already had a fab shop, trucks and excavation equipment around. You are in Cincinnati? A friend in Chillicothe has the sister locomotive to our 3.5 ton Plymouth TGT (the little red one), he isn't too terribly far from you.

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
hmm,you say your freinds close? i just might have to check that out! they may be small but they are cool lookin little well critters! :mrgreen:.as for the wife,i wouldnt want to deal with "what did you use your retirement fund for!?!? blah blah blah" sign1.--josh

thisismary

Nov 11, 2007
Ohio
David: 87:1 scale! LOL! True!

Charlie, in reality my big little locos probably don't take more time than a modeler spends on a scale loco, the work just covers a little more territory. LOL

Thanks for the compliment on the paintwork. I am partner in charge of pretty around here, the fella handles making (and keeping) the locos in running order.

You have painted full size locos? Yikes! I have painted our semi trailers (tanks and dumps) and that was enough to make me half crazy. I can't imagine doing a whole full size loco.

Triplex

Aug 24, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I've seen that S-1 on RailPictures before, and I thought it was one of the best paint schemes around today. It's a nice surprise to find it was a member of this forum that's responsible. :D