1. Ladies & gentlemen, I would like to announce that there is a new photo gallery section. You can create your own personal photo gallery (to include setting up your own albums). You can even post videos. You can also post and share photos in the galleries of others (if that person allows such), as well . ENJOY!!!

queston about wireing....

Discussion in 'DCC & Electronics' started by trainsteve2435, Sep 30, 2004.

1. trainsteve2435

trainsteve2435 Member

hello everyone, i have a queston about wireing my layout for DCC. im useing a NCE PHP with a 10 amp booster. im going to run my two bus lines for track power, but im wondering what do i need to add in order to add switch machines and signal blocks? i know there is more wireing involved, but im not sure what type. any information is appreciated. thanks!:wave:
  2. SteamerFan

SteamerFan Member

Well steave, that's a complicated loaded question.

Basically for Signal blocks, run one rail contious feed (common rail, no gaps) and gap the other rail on for your blocks and using a Block Detector for each block you can build your signal system. it can get more complicated if you want to go 2 blocks out detection, you'll have to do more fancy wiring.

as for switches, if the frogs are insulated, you won';t have to do any fancy wiring for them. if you want to have them DCC controled, you'll just need an Accessory Decoder and a dcc ready (most are) switch machine.