Question re: DigitalNavy's freebees (Arizona and Lilia Weneda)

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by gian7675, Aug 22, 2007.

1. gian7675

gian7675 Member

Just wanted to clarify something that's been nagging me for some time about cardmodel freebies on the internet regarding their sizes. Kind of a silly question too.

For example is free download specials. I want to practice on the 1/250 BB Arizona turret and plane on their free downloads page.

When the page pdf parts page of the 1/250 BB Arizona appears at 100%, does this mean that the page is already set to 1/250 scale and is already at regular size paper? or do you have to do some tweaking and settings on your computer?

Another is the nice looking Lilla Weneda. Are the pages already set on 1/100 scale?

Apologies for the dumb question :p

I'd rather be dumd now than dumb forever sign1

Thanks! :wave:
  2. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

In most cases, 100% means that the model will be the stated scale. For European and Asian downloads, that may not be so. Pretty much the whole world uses a different size paper as their standard. Not sure what to tell you about that. Probably someone else on here can tell you what to do about that.
  3. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Digital Navy seem to use a smaller than standard page size, which is great news. It means that you can print out on either A4 or Letter sized paper. Simply select "Page Scaling : None " in the PDF print dialog box and it will print out at 100% which will correspond to the advertised scale (1/100 or 1/250).

Unfortunately not all designers are quite so considerate. If an model uses a full letter sized sheet it will not print full sized on A4 paper, and visa versa. Letter is the common size in the US. A4 is the common size in most of the rest of the world.
  4. pbhawkin

pbhawkin Member

I thought that as A4 was a little smaller than letter, and anything designed for A4 would print ok on letter BUT NOT visa versa?
  5. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Letter is 8.5x 11 inches
    A4 is 8.29x11.69 inches

hope that helps
  6. pbhawkin

pbhawkin Member

AHHH, Yes.
    A4 is thinner but longer.
    So can get bits chopped off at the ends if trying to go from A4 to Letter.
  7. rickstef

rickstef Guest

and depending on the designer's whims, I can get A4 models printed on letter using Emulate Laserjet margins for my inkjet

and if there is space at the bottom of the sheet, I will turn it around, so the empty space gets cut off, and not the model