question on a couple retailers/ web

ceebeenq

Jan 29, 2002
Visit site
(I posted this question earlier in the HO category but probably should have done it here. thanks!)

I'm wondering if anybody has experience with a couple online outfits that apparently sell a lot of model trains, etc. via the net/mail order.
one is "trainworld.com" and another is "ahobbycircle.com"

They appear to have good prices. One reason I'm a little leary is that there are numerous photo-gear outfits in NYC that run wonderful ads and then do bait-and-switch and other slimy tactics. (and there are a some that are outstanding, honest and ethical)

Trying to avoid the "bad" type of outfit of course..........any comments appreciated
thanks in advance
PS

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Retailers/websites

Hi Ceebeeng,

I have delt with trainworld a few times with no problems. I have never delt with the other site but would highly recomend Standardhobby.com. Its in New Jersey and I found it to be lowest in prices on most items. You can also download there catolog off there site. I live in Wyoming and recieve orders from them in eight days. Hope this helps you out and good luck. Ron ;)

CSX6638

Jul 24, 2002
FLORIDA
Visit site
I have purchased from TrainWorld and had no problems, order was taken, stock was checked, items were shipped on time and all items received were as ordered, sealed in factory packages.
CSX6638

ceebeenq

Jan 29, 2002
Visit site
Thanks gentlemen for the feedback ............good to know ....and if anybody else has other suggestions, please chime in. Appreciate it.

(this is an excellent site by the way.......I should check in here more often)

highball.............

cbq