Question of the day, 11-22 Coming or Going??

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Nope. Thanksgiving was last month here up north! ;) We had people come to us. My train stuff was still mostly in boxes at that point, so we didn't even get to play much...

Andrew

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
We are having our traditional Thanksgiving dinner with half of our family. Our other son ("Hobbes" to you) is taking his family up to Colorado to visit his father-in-law. The son and his family that will be here is the one I gave all my HO gear to about two years ago and they have yet to do anything with it so I guess the answer to the second part of the question is, "no", they are not interested in trains other than looking at what I have done.

Play-Doh

May 12, 2006
Portland OR
Nope...heading up to the future inlaws and sadly no railfanning around there...or layouts :( but im trying to talk my future father in-law into getting into the hobby.

lionelfan

Nov 3, 2005
CLEVELAND,OHIO
Going to my sister's, no railfanning or model trains. No one else in the family is interested in trains except my son and I. so will do some railfanning this weekend along with work on the layout.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
I thought of this question and the timing, so that anyone that was traveling, could answer a day before they travel... :D :D

Our family is basically breaking a tradition of meeting 2 miles away, at Granddad's house (the In-Laws). :( :( :( For the first time in probably 40 years, we are all spending thanksgiving 3 miles away at my Brother-in-laws. But at least we're still all together :) :) :D :D :) :)

Only railfanning will be from the overpasses and grade crossings as we cross the Northeast Corridor of Amtrak/Conrail and the northeast run of the NS/CSX....

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
I just talked to my son (Hobbes). I cannot fathom anyone consciously making a choice to fly out of Phoenix tonight, the busiest travel day of the year.:rolleyes: They did, and I advised him to leave at least 4 1/2 hours before their flight. They started continuous reports on some TV stations here advising about conditions at the airport. The authorities were suggesting arriving two hours early last night, so today can only be worse than that.wall1 wall1 They're taking two little girls with them as well, that's going be a lot of fun somewhere around the second hour in line waiting to check in or to go through security.stooges8

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Not traveling except to in laws, they are 8 miles and the only tracks in that area got pulled out years ago.....2 of our sons are going to in-laws, one is having dinner with friends, one is in the Navy (after dad did 20 years and grandpa did 31 years in the Army), One daughter and her husband will be at the in-laws, he's 21, when he is around trains he acts like he's not interested...an age thing, doesn't want to come across as a kid, other 2 daughters are with their families at home. My father in-law (22 years in the Navy and a bad influence) has an old train set.....never been out of the box. He just likes having it!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Rick