Question for Nov 16/17 Choose from column A or B...

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by ezdays, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Thoroughbreed

Thoroughbreed Member

My piggy bank just got filled up, so I'm gonna buy myself this beautiful brass engine I've been wanting forever
  2. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

For less than some of you would be spending on that one highly detailed steam engine I would buy a Bowser Big Boy and Challenger with the super detail kits and a couple of can motors to install in them. and have enough left for 2 ice cream cones.
  3. lionelfan

lionelfan Member

I would opt for a couple older Lionel engines from the 70's-80"s, I do not want the new stuff with all it's problems. Give me a old Lionel anyday, they run forever with minimal maintenance. If I have any money left over, I would buy more structures to add to the layout.
  4. brakie

brakie Active Member

I would go with the 2 fer the price of one..:D Why? I am no longer interested in todays "gimmicks" and fads...I prefer my locomotives to creep from tie to tie in regular DC.
  5. hooknlad

hooknlad Member

I guess i would go for one really nice engine - I dont have exact specifics on it right now, but it is a HO challenger class engine with dcc and sound. The unit goes for $675.. Im pondering this engine very seriously.... Time for me to grow up and get some nice things :thumb:
  6. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

I would go for one MAGNIFICENT engine. If you want to see what I mean...go to ebay, search for MIKADO 2-8-2, there is near-museum quality piece there. Starting price....$2,200. :(
  7. Collyn

Collyn Member

serveral cheaper, no one I know could ever tell the difference so lots is more impresisive. Plus I only have two as of now and I need more.