Question for 11-28, How do you work?

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by ezdays, Nov 28, 2006.

1. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Yeah, that's the question of the day, how do you work?

When you work on your layout, how do you do it? Do you do all of one thing first, like the trackwork, then ballasting, then the scenery and so forth), or do you do a section at a time, (that is, finish up one area before you go to another one)? Or do you do combinations of both?

The first way you have all of one thing finished on your layout before you proceed to the next level. The second way, you have one section completly finished, then you work on another section.
  2. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

I put the track down first - making sure the track plan I drew up works.. It hardly ever does :D

Then I do whatever I want to... Lighting/signals/electrical or buildings etc.....
  3. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

I do all of two essentials first, getting the track and track wiring in place, then painting and ballasting the track. Beyond that I seem to work in sections, completing one area, scenery, structures, accessories and wiring before I move on to another area. And the areas may not be contiguous.
  4. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Don't know, this will be my first permanent layout. I have a thread, "Help" (HO) and am trying to get as much help as I can with this. I really want to do this right now that I'm more or less permanently located and should not be moving again like I did while I was in the Army (11 times in 20 years).

I have learned much on this site just from reading, really wish there was an active club closer than 90 miles.

5. liven_letdie

liven_letdie Member

I wander around doing different stuff depending upon what mood I am in. There is always a variety of stuff to do so I am never bored. Good for us :D
  6. Illus

Illus Member

I hope to have an answer to that soon. Right now I am putting together a model, because I have been at a bit of a stand still on the track plan.
  7. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Alittle here...A little there....
    Whatever strikes my fancy.
  8. ejen34

ejen34 Member

Yikes ah Cool...Glad to hear I am not the only one :hahahaha: :p :wave:
  9. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Yeah - one thing you learn from directions

Dont believe anything you hear, half of what you read - or anything you see :D :D
  10. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

I'm all over the place but recognise the value of doing things in order...benchwork, track wiring, scenary....lord knows I've torn out a few sections and rebuilt them later! :)
  11. Collyn

Collyn Member

sections all the way. Im too impatiant and want to se progress
  12. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

One think at a time till it's done...but the only things I can say are "done" are laying the track and ballasting. All the scenery is still a work in progress.
  13. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Right now I am doing my layout in little sections. Not enough room to build a big layout yet, so I will continue to build it slowly by making little scenes.:D