Question for 11-28, How do you work?

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Yeah, that's the question of the day, how do you work?

When you work on your layout, how do you do it? Do you do all of one thing first, like the trackwork, then ballasting, then the scenery and so forth), or do you do a section at a time, (that is, finish up one area before you go to another one)? Or do you do combinations of both?

The first way you have all of one thing finished on your layout before you proceed to the next level. The second way, you have one section completly finished, then you work on another section.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
I do all of two essentials first, getting the track and track wiring in place, then painting and ballasting the track. Beyond that I seem to work in sections, completing one area, scenery, structures, accessories and wiring before I move on to another area. And the areas may not be contiguous.

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Don't know, this will be my first permanent layout. I have a thread, "Help" (HO) and am trying to get as much help as I can with this. I really want to do this right now that I'm more or less permanently located and should not be moving again like I did while I was in the Army (11 times in 20 years).

I have learned much on this site just from reading, really wish there was an active club closer than 90 miles.

Rick

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
I'm all over the place but recognise the value of doing things in order...benchwork, track wiring, scenary....lord knows I've torn out a few sections and rebuilt them later! :)
Ralph

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
One think at a time till it's done...but the only things I can say are "done" are laying the track and ballasting. All the scenery is still a work in progress.