Question About T-Maxx

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by daytondaft, Jan 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daytondaft

daytondaft Member

i just bought a new t-maxx and i already want it to go faster.
    it is completely stock so what is the best upgrade that i can put in it to make it faster that wont cost a huge amount of $.
  2. trxtalon

trxtalon Member

change the gearing
  3. I26

I26 New Member

I was looking at one of them yesterday. Can get a Nitro one with everything right in the box for around $450. Those things go like 40mph, and u need more already? Which did u get....elec. or nitro?
  4. daytondaft

daytondaft Member

ya i got mine for 399 brand new out of the box w/ everything
    look on ebay they have them brand new for under 400 w/ everything
    and yes i have the nitro one(T-Maxx is the nitro one and E-Maxx is the electric one)

5. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Are you running on Asphalt or Dirt?
  6. daytondaft

daytondaft Member

i am running on alot of stuff
    i have a golf corse built around my neighborhood so i drive it on the fairways in the sandpits and i also have i big dirt area by my house and i do sometimes drive it on asfault so i prettymuch drive it on everything

7. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Well, sand is always a bad idea. Even the best air filters cannot get the little sand particles that will destroy the motors. But it is fun. :) Lost a motor to a sand pit in my area. If you want faster drop the gearing to the 68T spur and the biggest clutch bell you can find. For running in dirt use the 70T and the stock clutch bell. You will get the best performance that way. Or you can spend the money and go with the robinson racing spur gear setup and have a much wider variety of gearing. For the asphalt get some proline tires and rims for the street. They have a 2inch wider stance and give the maxx waaaay more controllability on the tar resulting in fewer rollovers at higher speeds. Three of the people I race with all have maxx's and thats what they run. But those tires make all the difference in the world.
  8. daytondaft

daytondaft Member

thanks for the imput!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.