Question about Rapido Couplers

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by Bennett, Feb 27, 2003.

  1. Bennett

    Bennett New Member

    I'm trying to find which manufacturer(s) use a Rapido Coupler that has a small hole, instead of the usual "T" that goes into the coupler pocket. I'm in need of two such couplers. Anybody able to help? Thanks.
  2. K.V.Div

    K.V.Div Member

    Welcome aboard, Bennett!
    What is the application for? It sounds like the type used on Kato, Atlas and Life Like locomotives equipped with body mount couplers.
    If so, I have got plenty you can have for free.
    Note that each manufacturers coupler is different from each other.
    Happy modeling and Cheers!

  3. Bennett

    Bennett New Member

    Thanks for the reply Terry. These will be used on some brand of European passenger cars. I think they might be Fleischmann.

    If the Rapidos you have, include a flat shank with a hole in it, I sure could use a couple. (Most of the Rapidos I've seen have the common T-shank with a little nipple that engages the coupler spring.)
    If you could mail me a few, I'll reimburse your postage. Please send me a private e-mail and I'll return my Texas address to you.

    Thanks, again.

  4. WVRR

    WVRR Member

    I too am in need of 3 couplers from Atlas. I'll even exchange them for 3 MT's. All my rolling stock is rapido and if I could possibly get these 3 couplers I can make use of all my motive power. Any help would be great.
    Private e-mail me at:

Share This Page