Question about Posts and Pictures

grandpacoyote

Aug 8, 2005
Denton, Texas
mysite.verizon.net
Hello Gang,
If this is posted in the wrong place or is redundant please excuse.

I am sure someone has asked this already, but I am still a bit confused so please bear with me.

I have a long thread here set up as a place to post info and pictures about our layout and I am wondering how I might be able to replace the pictures links that are down now - I know Peter has been working diligently to restore the the old Gallery, however I have most of the pictures stored on my own site so I am just trying to figure out how I can edit the old posts so I can change the links.

Kurt explained to me that we don't have the ability to edit old posts yet, is that still true or am I missing something?

I thank you all in advance for your time and information.

Peace

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Grandpacoyote, it is still true for me that I cannot edit old posts. I checked my old posts and found out that it changes on Feb. 6, 2007. I can edit all posts that I posted from this date on, but none I posted before that date. As I learned from Wayne, the mods don’t have this problem.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Hang tight. Peter is trying to work with the program so that all old pictures that turned into links, will magically become pictures again. He ran a program to do that last week but aborted when it wasn't working like he wanted.

Now, as far as editing older posts, we have put a time limit on it because of spammers. They have a new trick in that they post some innocent looking post, then come back a while later and edit it with their flavor of garbage. We are considering opening that window so that everyone can edit their posts from day one, and we may leave it that way for a while or until the spammers catch on and start annoying us again.

Just give Peter a bit more time so he can decide which is the best way to go. The Gallery is a separate problem of equal proportions, so he has his hands full...