Question about paper formats

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by jmueller, Oct 5, 2005.

1. jmueller

jmueller Member

Hi Folks,
    I am currently working in rearranging the Comet to different paper format. Currently its on A4. Now the question to all the non-european and also the UK users. Which paper format runs thru your printers? Is 'letter' ok for most of you?
  2. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

Letter or legal. I would prefer letter as it is more attainable in card stock at the local office supply. If I want legal, I have to preorder it. Just my opinion
  3. alang

alang Member

Contrary to what you might hear from some politicians and newspaper proprietors, we are still quite European in the UK! We have been using International paper sizes for nigh on forty years, so A4 is fine for us.

The best solution is Letter-size height and A4 width, less a margin all round for printers which do not print the whole area. Then everyone can be happy. [Well, nearly everyone - there is always someone who will complain.]

4. jmueller

jmueller Member

Thanks Alan,
    exactly my thoughts about the size matter.
    Problem solved.

5. Darwin

Darwin Member

I've found if the image area is confined to 10 inches (25.4 cm) by 7.5 inches (19 cm), it will print out on just about any "normal" paper size with most brands of printers.
  6. Kaz

Kaz Member

Paper size

I think the original post was for what is the best paper size APART from A4, as the model is on this already, maybe theres a slight saving on smaller paper stock.

Who says size doesnt matter?

Well my decorator reccomends it, if you want the wallpaper to stay up