Quest for fire

jon-monon

Give a little plastic hobo all the firewood he needs, and he won't even get up and build a fire! Guess I should handed him a broom and made him earn that wood. Hard times...

Attachments

• hobocamp.jpg
    hobocamp.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 229

jon-monon

gap.gif
gap.gif
gap.gif

Attachments

• hobocamper.jpg
    hobocamper.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 210

jon-monon

I used SLOW technology on the tent (made it from tissue on cardboard, the idea came from SLOWs flag), then stained it with tea.

The LPB (little plastic bum) was in the scratch box and looked really bad, but came out OK after deburring and repainting him. I see he can use some dull coat for pictures, but looks OK in person. I used flats :confused: :confused: :confused:

Ben H

Nice job of modeling Jon.

Pictures are tops.

Your problem of Bum's not helping themselves when given wood for fire might be caused by the lack of eyes in some plastic people.

jon-monon

So, you think it's a physical thing. Hmmm. I always thought it was their upbringing. I might try setting it out in the old -5 F weather we're having and see if that motivates him a little :D :D :D

John Sneed

That must be a old bum.I can still remember when all the men wore ties evry day.It didn't make any difference what they were doing or where they were going.Does that date me?
John

TR-Flyer

Hi Jon:
Nice work! I really think you should light a "fire" under that bum and get him to build a glowing fire. Would add a nice bit of animation with a flickering glow coming from a nice little fire with a can 'o beans on it.

Quest for Fire huh? I can still see Ray Dawn Chong scampering over the hill side in her, ahem, natural suit. No tie though.

"Auhtra, varne". "And the lights went out,... all over the world,..tonight."

Ted

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Oh...Oh...Here comes Murphy!

You're gonna have to move along there fella. You got till I finish my doughnut....and take the dog with ya!
Nice work jon...Cool mini scene.

Attachments

• cop.jpg
    cop.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 116

jon-monon

Thanks for the nice words, folks. I gave him some matches and set it out in the garage to see if that motivates him. Sorry Murph, he ain't ascared; he sees you move slower than him!:D :D :D

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jon,
Cool scene! What scale is it? I'm real impressed ith the tent that even has a support cord in front tied to a stake! Neat details. I dunno if that fella's a bum...I'm leaning more toward hobo. I'll bet he'd do some work for a meal...and a bone for the pup. :)
Ralph