Queadluun Rau from Macross

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, Figurines & Paperdolls' started by palmer, Aug 3, 2008.

1. palmer

palmer Member

Ciao paperpeople,
    In this period I'm learning some 3d stuff and, as training,
    I tried to modify a Queadluun Rau Female Battlepod (from Macross series) model to a Queadluun Rau papermodel...

I designed some minor details and tried to improve textures (with poor results...any idea but totally redesigning it?).
    I also designed some pieces to make possible to build it articulated but not articulations themselves (I often use toothpicks and rubber). So it can be easily built in 'fix-figuration'
    Templates are almost ready (only 4 pages or so!), now I'm testbuilding the first pieces and finishing the Pepakura tuning...
    The model isn't ready yet for public sharing (if anyone will like it!)but if anyone offers himself as volunteer for betabuilding:excited1:, I'll send the 1.0model in few days.

Let me know what you think!

Attached Files:

2. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Sweet! I think I can help with the building part ;)
  3. Janx

Janx Member

A brilliant Idea for a model, see the macross/robotech thread too, peeps here will jump at the chance.
  4. palmer

palmer Member

I started the testbuilt, sorry for the low quality but I was so curious and I built it very fast!:p

Attached Files:

5. fruiz

fruiz New Member

I think it will be very interesting this model, continuous, and that is very good.

Lima - Perú
  6. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

looking good, keep us posted! :thumb:
  7. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Very Cool! Keep it up! :p
  8. palmer

palmer Member

I almost finished my Q-Rau prototype...
    I'm building very slow, summer and papercrafts don't fit very much for me!:rolleyes:

What do you think about it? (Well, pics are not so good, but it looks a little better in reality!)

Attached Files:

9. SMWulph

SMWulph New Member

Hi ho..
    Any news on this most unique model? Ready to be released to the wilds of the papermodel world? *hopeful grin*
  10. palmer

palmer Member

It's nice to see someone interested in this model!
    I finished to build it some months ago but I did'n post the results 'cause my camera died!
    Templates are almost pretty ready, they only need a general check up.
    I can share with you if you're interested...
  11. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

:mrgreen: I too would be intrested
  12. SMWulph

SMWulph New Member

Yes please. I might even make a couple extra cannons for it. As seen on teh Queadluun from the Macross Frontier series.
  13. shafkaat

shafkaat New Member

Please send me the 1.0 version....

Please use PM for giving out email

i would like to make it by the weekends....

14. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Nice work on the build but this model should not be so 'faceted', such is the problem when working with low res gaming models. I check it out and others from that site and I didn't like how simple the game models were.
  15. shafkaat

shafkaat New Member

hey dude i really want the templates....

Please use PM when giving out email address. -Admin (address removed) Only 2 posts here in more than 4 months?

pretty please.............
  16. SMWulph

SMWulph New Member

And NO word from the designer since last December also :cry: