Pzl P-7a by Marek in 1:50 scale

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Jim Krauzlis, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Texman

Texman Guest

Looking good Jim. I believe the phrase your looking for, concerning the "leather" around the cockpit, is called a coaming.

2. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Very nice, Jim, and how quickly it all goes together for you! the coaming looks excellent. You're right, most models seem to need some extra work there.

3. Gil

Gil Active Member

Where you gonna put the anchor?

4. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Well, that was an interesting recess! :?

Anyway, Gil, I think there is some sort of hawse pipe under the forward fuselage where I will probably stick the anchor or, as I believe they were officially referred to, the "self-actuated retraining hook." :lol:

Thanks, Tex and Leif, coaming sure sounds right. If the part wasn't so small I would have preferred to round it over a bit, but at this size I was afraid of destroying the piece.

In the interlude while the servers took an unexpected vacation I finished her. I finished the prop, the rear skid, and added the engine exhausts. I was a bit leary about the location of the exhaust, there was no real clue as to where they go based on the model printing, so they had to be located using the diagram...just hope I did it right! :roll:

The last few pieces were pretty small details, including an air scoop under and behind the cowling, a mirror that is mounted forward and to the right of the wind screen, what I think is a pitot tube mounted under the right wing and something that I have no idea what it is, located on the right side of the fuselage, forward of the cockpit area...sort of looks like a horn, but I rather doubt that is what it is...if I didn't see the pitot tube I would have guessed it was some sort of air speed monitor. Anyone know what this thing is? Take a look at photo below showing the right side...I'm without a clue, no, really, more so than usual. :lol:

Here's the right side...where the mystery part is...

And here are some photos of the finished model:

It was a lot of fun working on this model, made all the more enjoyable by the great fit of the parts...would you believe the engine exhausts, when wrapped around the correct diameter mandrel, had its edges lined up spot on! Just an amazing bit of design work. So, any mis-fits you find in the photos are my own "handiwork". :roll:

Thanks again for checking in and watching me stumble through my first airplane model...I might be hooked on these little guys! I know I will try another shortly, they're just too much fun to pass up! I would recommend them to anyone...come on, there has to be someone else out there working on one of these.... :wink:

5. OldSalt

OldSalt Member

Looks mighty fine!! The mystery piece might be an air-driven generator? If you haven't satisfied your desire for flying things, go to http://www.modele-kartonowe.com/ and grab one of their freebies. they are a joy to build, especially the Bartel BM-6a.
  6. shrike

shrike Guest

The mystery device appears to be a venturi.

Neat little device that provides a source of vacuum for gyroscopic instruments.
  7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Dang fine job jim!

Small ships.......small planes....... so I guess Nobi's tank is next!!

Much impressed again!

8. barry

barry Active Member

Splendid job Jim bravo etc

9. Maurice

Maurice Member

10. silverw

silverw Member

I remember, when I was a kid..... at the community "Sports Day".... all the cars parked around the ball diamond would HONK their approval....when somebody hit a HOME RUN!!!

HONK...HONK.... BEEP..B-BeeePPP!!!...

So...if it's a horn, Jim... I think you deserve to BLOW it!!!

GREAT stuff!!!