Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by AE86 sliding, Oct 26, 2004.

1. AE86 sliding

AE86 sliding Guest

what is ABS and where can i find some. i just got some yok tires and i want to know if pvc will fit over the yok drift rims
  2. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

ABS is a version of PVC thats softer, black, but in some cases, more expensive. No, i dont believe you can find some that will fit over the tires. I dont believe they make that size, however, most people just put it on their Rims. It fits nice and snugly.
  3. RC-Drift.com

RC-Drift.com Guest

ABS is Amyl Butyl Styrene i.e. a type of styrene
    PVC is Poly Vinyl Chloride i.e. a type of Vinyl

You could also look at Nylon which is different again, harder, more brittle but should last years :) (these would probably have to be turned on a lathe - unless someone knows a supply of nylon pipe)

4. top secret

top secret Guest

can sombodey show how you make abs tiers?? on skreens ore video??
  5. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

All you do is cut the ABS to the size of the rim, then glue the PVC to the rim.
  6. vinsyw1

vinsyw1 Guest

hi n sorry 2 disturb i very new in here i have a mini inferno can i do drifter like what i c in the video clip also can i now what is ABS stand 4 did i need 2 change some more thing in my inferno many thank 4 ur all kind reply
  7. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

ABS is a softer kind of plastic, but is just like PVC. Not sure on what it stands for tho.

As for drifting the mini inferno, it will be hard, but possible. Im trying to think of what you can use for the tyres. But, thats about the only thing you can really change in the set up. I dont think you can do much other then lower it, put some ABS or PVC tires on it, and then pratice.
  8. vinsyw1

vinsyw1 Guest

many thank SpArKeY can i know wat setting i need 2 do n way can i get the abs tires or pvc
  9. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Lower it, and play with the camber and toe. I like it at -3 up front and -4 in the rear.
  10. vinsyw1

vinsyw1 Guest

ok thank SpArKeY_STi can i also know way u all always play n train ur skill